Review: could Mirena cause Breast pain?
Summary: Breast pain is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zoloft, and have Contraception.
We study 62,581 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 856 have Breast pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Breast pain >>>
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Mirena 62,930 users)
Breast pain has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression.(latest reports from Breast pain 9,798 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 62,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 855 people (1.37%) have Breast Pain.
Time on Mirena when people have Breast pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast pain||5.22%||25.37%||23.51%||19.40%||24.25%||2.24%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast pain when taking Mirena * :
|Breast pain||0.00%||0.00%||2.52%||38.33%||37.85%||19.72%||1.58%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast pain when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast pain||10.00%||50.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Breast pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (529 people, 61.87%)
- Menorrhagia (68 people, 7.95%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 1.17%)
- Menstruation irregular (8 people, 0.94%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (8 people, 0.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (13 people, 1.52%)
- Calcium (8 people, 0.94%)
- Flovent (8 people, 0.94%)
- Amitril (7 people, 0.82%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 0.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Pain while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Breast Pain
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Breast Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Soon as i got the mirena two months later i started getting spots of vitiligo what should i do get the mirena removed and call and lawyer
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Vitiligo, and takes Mirena)
I got the Mirena inplanted In My uterus in Dec 2012 and Feb 2013 started to see spotes of Vitiligo I went to the dermatologist and was told that i for sure have Vitiligo.
- Mirena causing infected ingrown toenails?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Ingrown Toenail, and takes Mirena)
I've had mirena for 3 months and I've already noticed regular joint stiffness even after brief periods of rest. To boot I've gotten several ingrown toenails on each foot which is very unusual because I've not changed anything in my hygiene and I've never had ingrown toenails before mirena. It's quit ...
- Breast cancer of former norplant users (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Norplant)
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
- How do i at least try to get the psychiatrist doing my follow up assessment to consider the possibility that the mirena iud was the cause of the acute psychosis i experienced?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, Mental Status Changes, Sleep Disorder, and takes Mirena)
I had a Mirena IUD inserted on December 9th. Insertion was fine (but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain); but things started going downhill fast. On December 15th I had a blackout drunken episode and in January I had two puffs of a marijuna joint and believe I went briefly Psycotic. ...
- I have the mirena now for 2 months, when the mirena was inserted i started having acne after the 1st month and it just gets more., does some one know if the acne would go away and what should i use. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Acne, and takes Mirena)
My face and shoulders started acne and hurts what can i do to treat them, i have the mirena inserted 2 months ago and does it go away in time.
More questions for: Mirena, Breast pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena and the paranoia
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Extreme Paranoia, and takes Mirena)
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Breast tenderness and soreness (1 response)
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Breast Tenderness, and takes Prednisone)
This medicine made my breast very sore and tender.
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mirena)
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Chronic Iritis, Intolerable Uterine Cramping /pain, and takes Mirena, Pantoprazole Sodium)
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Breast pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Mirena for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Birth Control. The patient has Pain, Tooth Decay
Comments: My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Miscarriage (spontaneous end of a pregnancy before fetal viability)
Comments: Had the mirena for 5 years got pregnant after removal everything was perfect till at 6mth pregnant I had preeclampsia on my fourth pregnancy lost the baby. Prier to that I have had 3 healthy full term babies.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Mirena for a patient with Depression, Bleeding Time Prolonged.
Comments: I get tingling in my right hand that started about 2 months after starting Wellbutrin. After 6 months on the Wellbutrin, energy levels have decreased but also timed with change in weather and shorter days so not panicked yet.
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Graves Disease (disease of the thyroid enlargement twice or more)
Comments: Was diagnosed after Mirena about a 1 afterwards had another placed after two miscarriages and have massive issues and side effects of graves again. When I had the first removed my graves went into remission. Now it is all over the map having the second mirena removed.
More related studies for: Mirena, Breast pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.