Home > Mirena > Constipation > Mirena and Constipation
Review: could Mirena cause Constipation?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 151 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Constipation >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 151 people (0.24%) have Constipation.
Time on Mirena when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (93 people, 61.59%)
- Endometriosis (8 people, 5.30%)
- Depression (6 people, 3.97%)
- Birth control (6 people, 3.97%)
- Menorrhagia (5 people, 3.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 4.64%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 3.97%)
- Yasmin (6 people, 3.97%)
- Navane (5 people, 3.31%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 3.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Mekka (2 years ago):
Female, 20, severe constipation!
I have had constipation ever since I have got the Mirena. Which was about 3-4 months ago. To have a bowel moment I have to take laxatives.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Constipation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Plan B One-step, Percocet, Soma, Adderall 30, Avinza for a patient with Emergency Contraception, Pain; Cervical Herniated Discs, Muscle Spasms; Pain, Atypical Attention Deficit Syndrome, Chronic Pain Due To Cervical Disc Herniation. The patient has Percocet, Nausea And Vomiting, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Mirena for a patient with Pain Management, Hypertension, Depression, Birth Control And Family Planning. The patient has Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Application Site Swelling, Pain Medications, Itching - Unable To Provide Relief By Scratching Excessively, Binge Eating, Constipation
More related studies for: Mirena, Constipation
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Mirena, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.