Home > Mirena > Fibroids > Mirena and Fibroids
Review: could Mirena cause Fibroids (Uterine fibroids)?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Fibroids. Find out below who they are, when they have Fibroids and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Fibroids >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,895 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Fibroids (non cancerous tumour of muscle layer) (latest reports from 4,296 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer, birth control, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 28 people (0.04%) have Fibroids.
Time on Mirena when people have Fibroids * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Fibroids when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Fibroids when taking Mirena ** :
How people recovered from Fibroids ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 21.43%)
- Adenomyosis (2 people, 7.14%)
- Menopause (1 people, 3.57%)
- Menorrhagia (1 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1 people, 3.57%)
- Cefazolin (1 people, 3.57%)
- Norvasc (1 people, 3.57%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 3.57%)
- Vivelle (1 people, 3.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibroids while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Fibroids
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Fibroids
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
I think that I have kidney stones which is caused by my Mirena IUD?
From this study (1 week ago):
I had the Mirena birth control for only two months when my body expelled it. 3 days after my body went into hives and then blistered up. now three moths later still have not gone away.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I get tingling in my right hand that started about 2 months after starting Wellbutrin. After 6 months on the Wellbutrin, energy levels have decreased but also timed with change in weather and shorter days so not panicked yet.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Fibroids
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Fibroids
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Vanishing Bile Duct Syndrome
- Withdrawal Syndrome
- Silicosis Acute
- Toe Swelling