Home > Mirena > Fibroids > Mirena and Fibroids
Review: could Mirena cause Fibroids (Uterine fibroids)?
Summary: Fibroids is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Contraception.
We study 62,568 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Fibroids. Find out below who they are, when they have Fibroids and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Fibroids >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,922 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Fibroids (non cancerous tumour of muscle layer) (latest reports from 1,074 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, breast cancer, birth control, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 62,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 28 people (0.04%) have Fibroids.
Time on Mirena when people have Fibroids * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Fibroids when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Fibroids when taking Mirena ** :
How people recovered from Fibroids ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 21.43%)
- Adenomyosis (2 people, 7.14%)
- Menopause (1 people, 3.57%)
- Menorrhagia (1 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1 people, 3.57%)
- Cefazolin (1 people, 3.57%)
- Norvasc (1 people, 3.57%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 3.57%)
- Vivelle (1 people, 3.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibroids while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Fibroids
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Fibroids
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Mirena causing infected ingrown toenails?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Ingrown Toenail, and takes Mirena)
I've had mirena for 3 months and I've already noticed regular joint stiffness even after brief periods of rest. To boot I've gotten several ingrown toenails on each foot which is very unusual because I've not changed anything in my hygiene and I've never had ingrown toenails before mirena. It's quit ...
- Breast cancer of former norplant users (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Norplant)
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
- How do i at least try to get the psychiatrist doing my follow up assessment to consider the possibility that the mirena iud was the cause of the acute psychosis i experienced?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, Mental Status Changes, Sleep Disorder, and takes Mirena)
I had a Mirena IUD inserted on December 9th. Insertion was fine (but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain); but things started going downhill fast. On December 15th I had a blackout drunken episode and in January I had two puffs of a marijuna joint and believe I went briefly Psycotic. ...
- Hi, i was suggested danocrine 100 mg twice a day due to heavy bleeding, however my periods started on its time during the course of danocrine and its 7th day of my periods and i am still bleeding why
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Uterine Fibroids, Menorrhagia, and takes Danazol)
my HB was down to 6.4 grms due to heavy bleeding as i have fibroids, and last year i went through fibroid removal surgery to, after surgery my periods were normal, (cycle of six days) however due to menorrhagia i became anemic, therefore doctor has suggested me to start danocrine 100 mg twice a day ...
- I have the mirena now for 2 months, when the mirena was inserted i started having acne after the 1st month and it just gets more., does some one know if the acne would go away and what should i use. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Acne, and takes Mirena)
My face and shoulders started acne and hurts what can i do to treat them, i have the mirena inserted 2 months ago and does it go away in time.
More questions for: Mirena, Fibroids
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena and the paranoia
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Extreme Paranoia, and takes Mirena)
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mirena)
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Chronic Iritis, Intolerable Uterine Cramping /pain, and takes Mirena, Pantoprazole Sodium)
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
- Placenta previa after having the mirena iud
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Placenta Previa, and takes Mirena)
I had the Mirena implant from 2006 to 2011 after my 2nd child. After having it removed my husband and I got pregnant in August 2013. When I was 13 weeks I started bleeding and week to the emergency room. Upon further treatment the doctor concluded that I had a threatened abortion caused by a small ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Fibroids
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Mirena for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Birth Control. The patient has Pain, Tooth Decay
Comments: My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Miscarriage (spontaneous end of a pregnancy before fetal viability)
Comments: Had the mirena for 5 years got pregnant after removal everything was perfect till at 6mth pregnant I had preeclampsia on my fourth pregnancy lost the baby. Prier to that I have had 3 healthy full term babies.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Mirena for a patient with Depression, Bleeding Time Prolonged. The patient has
Comments: I get tingling in my right hand that started about 2 months after starting Wellbutrin. After 6 months on the Wellbutrin, energy levels have decreased but also timed with change in weather and shorter days so not panicked yet.
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Graves Disease (disease of the thyroid enlargement twice or more)
Comments: Was diagnosed after Mirena about a 1 afterwards had another placed after two miscarriages and have massive issues and side effects of graves again. When I had the first removed my graves went into remission. Now it is all over the map having the second mirena removed.
More related studies for: Mirena, Fibroids
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Kidney Transplant
- Muscular Weakness and Treanda
- Vitamin B17
- Garlic and Prednisone
- Ovarian Cyst and Topamax
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (2 hours ago)
- Has anyone had neck paine after taking yervoy? my cancer doctor has said it has not relatin to my treatment but i'm not so sure.
I finished with yervoy treatment about 2 months ago. I hav ... (3 hours ago)
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before b ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea for a 36-year old woman who has Brain Mass (4 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Prednisolone Acetate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lipitor, Synthroid, Temazepam, Xanax, Viibryd, Remeron, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel Xr for a 61-year old woman who has Chronic Eye Inflammation, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypothroid, Sleep, Anxiety, Depression, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- Oxcarbazepine, Alprazolam for a 38-year old woman who has Depression, Insomnia (1 hour ago)