Home > Mirena > Headache > Mirena and Headache
Review: could Mirena cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Topamax, and have Contraception.
We study 62,568 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,421 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Headache >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,918 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,214,769 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 62,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 1,436 people (2.30%) have Headache.
Time on Mirena when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Headache when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (863 people, 60.10%)
- Menorrhagia (108 people, 7.52%)
- Endometriosis (20 people, 1.39%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (16 people, 1.11%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (14 people, 0.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Topamax (15 people, 1.04%)
- Lexapro (15 people, 1.04%)
- Zoloft (14 people, 0.97%)
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 0.84%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (11 people, 0.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Headache
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Mirena causing infected ingrown toenails?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Ingrown Toenail, and takes Mirena)
I've had mirena for 3 months and I've already noticed regular joint stiffness even after brief periods of rest. To boot I've gotten several ingrown toenails on each foot which is very unusual because I've not changed anything in my hygiene and I've never had ingrown toenails before mirena. It's quit ...
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
More questions for: Mirena, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena and the paranoia
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Extreme Paranoia, and takes Mirena)
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Flonase, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent for a patient with Exposure To Allergen, Postnasal Drip, Muscle Tightness, Sudden & Persistant Cough Spasms When Exposed To Mainly 2nd Hand Smoke. The patient has Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Headache, Rhinitis, Copd, Asthma, Allergic Cough
Comments: Recently referred by GP to Pulmonologist for recurring sudden severe cough spasms which started about 2-3 months ago mainly due to 2nd hand smoke from a neighbor in an adjacent apartment. Pulmonology appt. scheduled in 2 weeks. Under allergist until Sept 2013 when I got laid off for similar symptoms ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Ambien, Norco, Vyvanse for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Back Injury, Add. The patient has Sweating Increased, Fatigue, Swelling Of Fingers, Hand Or Foot Spasms, Intranasal Numbness, Ear Discomfort, Headache, Skin Eruption, Eyes - Dry, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain - Joints
Comments: Had an emergency appendectomy in February with complications.... have lived with joint, muscle pain most of my adult life. Constant stomach problems from a young wage. IBS, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite. Feel like I am basically a failure, unable to keep a permanent job. Marriage is on verg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Estradiol for a patient with General Physical Condition, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Headache
Comments: Headache always on the left side. From Occiput to just underneath Left eyebrow: inner aspect at curvature. I have scalp psoriasis and a chronic lesion over the left side muscle coming from occiput region of scalp (as well as another chronic lesion over my left ear/post-temporal area. When occiputal ...
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Topamax Sprinkle for a patient with Headache. The patient has Headache, Headache
Comments: I Have Had Headaches For 3 Years. Smells R What Brings On A Migraine. Sometimes The Headaches Get Soooo Bad That I Throw Up And Have To Lay In Bed. Since This Past Christmas I Have Had A Headache 24/7. I Went To C My Primary Doctor In January, And She Sent Me To A Neurologist Whom I Saw In Februa ...
More related studies for: Mirena, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.