Home > Mirena > Insomnia > Mirena and Insomnia
Review: could Mirena cause Insomnia?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 247 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Insomnia >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,895 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 757,392 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 10, 2014: 62,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 248 people (0.40%) have Insomnia.
Time on Mirena when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (156 people, 62.90%)
- Menorrhagia (32 people, 12.90%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (6 people, 2.42%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (5 people, 2.02%)
- Depression (5 people, 2.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sulfonamides and trimethoprim (6 people, 2.42%)
- Triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide (6 people, 2.42%)
- Lovaza (6 people, 2.42%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 1.21%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (3 people, 1.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
the dizziness, fatigue and muscle issues started after i had a cold in June 2013.
From this study (2 years ago):
Had Mirena IUD put in and within 1 yr I started having all these problems. Thought it was menopause. Had to quit working due to swollen legs and headaches back pain. My stomach was always bloated and went to doc over and over and had gall bladder checked, kidneys checked. Nothing. Am in menopause for 1 1/2 year and none of the symptoms went away. Thought I was going insane with all the different pain and no answers from the doctors and different tests. Went to chiropractor last week and he told me my IUD had shifted and I should get it removed. I am doing this next week. hopefully these symptoms will go away.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis