Home > Mirena > Insomnia > Mirena and Insomnia
Review: could Mirena cause Insomnia?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 247 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Insomnia >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 248 people (0.40%) have Insomnia.
Time on Mirena when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (156 people, 62.90%)
- Menorrhagia (32 people, 12.90%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (6 people, 2.42%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (5 people, 2.02%)
- Depression (5 people, 2.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sulfonamides and trimethoprim (6 people, 2.42%)
- Triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide (6 people, 2.42%)
- Lovaza (6 people, 2.42%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 1.21%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (3 people, 1.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Insomnia
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Back Pain Aggravated, Joint Stiffness, Headache Nos Aggravated, Neck Stiffness, Depressed Mood, Swelling, Sciatica Aggravated (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve), Buttock Pain, Panic Disorder, Social Problem, Insomnia Exacerbated (sleeplessness), Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
More related studies for: Mirena, Insomnia
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Mirena, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (2 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 76-year old man who has DVT (4 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Ferula Foetida
- Devils Club