Home > Mirena > Irritability > Mirena and Irritability
Review: could Mirena cause Irritability?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 281 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Irritability >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Irritability (latest reports from 146,801 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 281 people (0.45%) have Irritability.
Time on Mirena when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (173 people, 61.57%)
- Menorrhagia (14 people, 4.98%)
- Thyroidectomy (6 people, 2.14%)
- Endometriosis (4 people, 1.42%)
- Depression (4 people, 1.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 2.49%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 1.42%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 1.42%)
- Bepantol (3 people, 1.07%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 1.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritability while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Irritability
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 years ago):
Had Mirena exactly three years; had it removed today after suffering extreme bouts of anger, irritability, depression, hopelessness and desperately wanting to die. I've never been suicidal until this past six months. I'm not taking any other medications, and after reading about the experiences of others, I realized these awful symptoms may very well be due to the Mirena IUD.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Irritability
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Irritability
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (53 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free Abraxis Pharm 2
- Alpha Yohimbine Hcl
- Breathing Difficulty Lying Down
- Lupron Depot