Home > Mirena > Irritability > Mirena and Irritability
Review: could Mirena cause Irritability?
Summary: Irritability is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Contraception.
We study 62,568 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 281 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Irritability >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,918 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Irritability (latest reports from 146,955 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 281 people (0.45%) have Irritability.
Time on Mirena when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Mirena * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (173 people, 61.57%)
- Menorrhagia (14 people, 4.98%)
- Thyroidectomy (6 people, 2.14%)
- Endometriosis (4 people, 1.42%)
- Depression (4 people, 1.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 2.49%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 1.42%)
- Seroquel (4 people, 1.42%)
- Bepantol (3 people, 1.07%)
- Lamictal (3 people, 1.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritability while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Irritability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Mirena causing infected ingrown toenails?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Ingrown Toenail, and takes Mirena)
I've had mirena for 3 months and I've already noticed regular joint stiffness even after brief periods of rest. To boot I've gotten several ingrown toenails on each foot which is very unusual because I've not changed anything in my hygiene and I've never had ingrown toenails before mirena. It's quit ...
- Breast cancer of former norplant users
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Norplant)
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
- How do i at least try to get the psychiatrist doing my follow up assessment to consider the possibility that the mirena iud was the cause of the acute psychosis i experienced?
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, Mental Status Changes, Sleep Disorder, and takes Mirena)
I had a Mirena IUD inserted on December 9th. Insertion was fine (but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain); but things started going downhill fast. On December 15th I had a blackout drunken episode and in January I had two puffs of a marijuna joint and believe I went briefly Psycotic. ...
- I have the mirena now for 2 months, when the mirena was inserted i started having acne after the 1st month and it just gets more., does some one know if the acne would go away and what should i use.
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Acne, and takes Mirena)
My face and shoulders started acne and hurts what can i do to treat them, i have the mirena inserted 2 months ago and does it go away in time.
- Mirena and parkinsons
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Parkinsonism, and takes Mirena)
Attention : Parkinsons after using Mirena. It seems Parkinsons, but is not. Dońt take drugs, do sport every days and you fell better. I have been diagnosed as Parkinsons, treated for 3 years, stop all drugs since July 2013 and feel better. From France.
More questions for: Mirena, Irritability
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena and the paranoia
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Extreme Paranoia, and takes Mirena)
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Depression, Depressive Symptom, Irritability, PMS, PMDD, and takes Prometrium, Ortho-novum 7/7/7-28, Yaz)
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Mirena)
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Chronic Iritis, Intolerable Uterine Cramping /pain, and takes Mirena, Pantoprazole Sodium)
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actifed, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Sertraline, Alprazolam for a patient with Allergic Respiratory Disease, Inflammation, Fever, Chronic Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Mental Status Changes, Depression Aggravated, Psychosis Aggravated, Hallucination, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Feeling Of Despair, Dizziness, Psychotic Behaviour, Changes In Consciousness, Irritability, Feeling Of Despair, Confusion Aggravated
Comments: Do not take Actifed (pills) if you're under alprazolam treatment, especially if you're having a high dosis of the benzodiazepine (or if you're being treated for a long time). The psychiatric effects can be devastating and your anxiety disorder and/or depression can get much worse.
Unentencionally ( ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Metformin, Concerta for a patient with Hypertension, Pcos, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Self-induced Vomiting, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, Self Mutilation, Appetite - Decreased, Suicidal Behaviour, Irritability
Comments: * Pre-Diabetic
* 201 lbs
* Two 18mg of Concerta (Morning dosage)
* 1 Metformin (Night dose -- not taken every night)
I'm worried about my appetite. For a while now I have been noticing a decrease-- I barely eat. The trouble is determining whether it is the medication I take, an eating disorder ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fenofibric Acid, Prednisone, Flax Seed, Adderall 20, Vitamin D, Meloxicam, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Ambien, Mirena for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Lack Of Coordination, Aat Deficiency, Chronic Pain, Chronic Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control. The patient has Unable To Concentrate, Brain Mass, Joint Stiffness, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Fatigue, Abdominal Pain Lower, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorder
Comments: Began taking sleep aids 15+yrs ago.Can not nap or sleep without.Had the Mirena IUD inserted over 10yrs ago, shortly after it was approved.Began exp sever mood swings and depr. Was put on anti-depr. Began having chronic pain.Most sever in the neck,shoulders,arms and hips.Drs were unable to determin ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Lexapro, Neurontin for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Irritability
Comments: Was doing very well when started Neurontin, but the last few months I have been experiencing extreme moodiness and irritability. Is there something I can do to change why this is happening. Taking the drugs at different times or maybe, taking the Neurontin with a certain food. How do I feel good aga ...
More related studies for: Mirena, Irritability
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.