Home > Mirena > Ovarian cyst > Mirena and Ovarian cyst
Review: could Mirena cause Ovarian cyst (Ovarian cysts)?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 827 have Ovarian cyst. Find out below who they are, when they have Ovarian cyst and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Ovarian cyst >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,895 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Ovarian cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary) (latest reports from 35,794 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 827 people (1.32%) have Ovarian Cyst.
Time on Mirena when people have Ovarian cyst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ovarian cyst||8.80%||29.83%||13.45%||24.21%||19.07%||4.65%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Mirena * :
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||4.62%||42.92%||34.97%||16.91%||0.58%||0.00% |
Severity of Ovarian cyst when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ovarian cyst ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (533 people, 64.45%)
- Menorrhagia (51 people, 6.17%)
- Endometriosis (12 people, 1.45%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (10 people, 1.21%)
- Menstruation irregular (10 people, 1.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yaz (9 people, 1.09%)
- Clotrimazole (7 people, 0.85%)
- Oral contraceptive nos (7 people, 0.85%)
- Multi-vitamins (6 people, 0.73%)
- Albuterol (6 people, 0.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ovarian Cyst while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Ovarian Cyst
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Ovarian Cyst
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
I think that I have kidney stones which is caused by my Mirena IUD?
From this study (5 days ago):
had a total hysterectomy on 9/26/14. Waiting for the results of the biopsy to see if the complex cyst was cancerous.
From this study (1 week ago):
I had the Mirena birth control for only two months when my body expelled it. 3 days after my body went into hives and then blistered up. now three moths later still have not gone away.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mirena, Ovarian cyst
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Ovary pain disappeared
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Ovarian cyst
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Pancreatitis Chronic
- Bone Marrow Ischaemia
- Nerve Pain
- Detrusor Instability