Review: could Mirena cause Urgent urination (Frequent or urgent urination)?
Summary: Urgent urination is reported only by a few people who take Mirena.
We study 62,602 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Urgent urination and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Urgent urination >>>
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 62,955 Mirena users)
Urgent urination has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 728 Urgent urination patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 62,602 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Urgent Urination.
Time on Mirena when people have Urgent urination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urgent urination||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urgent urination when taking Mirena * :
|Urgent urination||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Urgent urination when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urgent urination||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urgent urination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urgent urination||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Menstrual periods - heavy, prolonged, or irregular (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirena and urgent urination on
Do you have Urgent Urination while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Urgent Urination
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Urgent Urination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 41-year old woman with Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 32-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, Calcium, Rapaflo, Fenofibrate, Meloxicam, Nexium, Crestor, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old man with Coronary Artery Disease, Vitamin D Decreased, Calcium Deficiency, Bph, Osteoarthritis, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Copd. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a 35-year old woman with Emergency Contraception. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 27-year old woman with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.