Home > Mirena > Uterine abscess > Mirena and Uterine abscess
Review: could Mirena cause Uterine abscess?
We study 62,559 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Uterine abscess. Find out below who they are, when they have Uterine abscess and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirena and have Uterine abscess >>>
Mirena (latest outcomes from 62,914 users) has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Uterine abscess (latest reports from 44 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, abortion, headache.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 62,559 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Uterine Abscess.
Time on Mirena when people have Uterine abscess * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Uterine abscess||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Uterine abscess when taking Mirena * :
|Uterine abscess||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Uterine abscess when taking Mirena ** :
How people recovered from Uterine abscess ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (3 people, 75.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nova t (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uterine Abscess while taking Mirena?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Uterine Abscess
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Uterine Abscess
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Breast cancer of former norplant users
Patients who had a norplant that developed breast cancer after it's removal. I know of 3 young women who have aggressive breast cancer and they all had norplant at some point.
- How do i at least try to get the psychiatrist doing my follow up assessment to consider the possibility that the mirena iud was the cause of the acute psychosis i experienced?
I had a Mirena IUD inserted on December 9th. Insertion was fine (but I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain); but things started going downhill fast. On December 15th I had a blackout drunken episode and in January I had two puffs of a marijuna joint and believe I went briefly Psycotic. ...
- I have the mirena now for 2 months, when the mirena was inserted i started having acne after the 1st month and it just gets more., does some one know if the acne would go away and what should i use.
My face and shoulders started acne and hurts what can i do to treat them, i have the mirena inserted 2 months ago and does it go away in time.
- Mirena and parkinsons
Attention : Parkinsons after using Mirena. It seems Parkinsons, but is not. Dońt take drugs, do sport every days and you fell better. I have been diagnosed as Parkinsons, treated for 3 years, stop all drugs since July 2013 and feel better. From France.
- Can mirena cause pelvic congestion syndrome
Can the Mirena IUD cause pelvic congestion? I had the Mirena inserted four months ago and my prior ultrasound was good. My most recent has led to a diagnosis of pelvic congestion.
- Were you diagnosed with avn or osteonecrosis after getting the mirena???
I'm just looking for more people that I have diagnosed with AVN or Osteonecrosis after having the Mirena. I had no idea that all my hip pain was due to this tiny little device in my body until my doctor said I should have my bone density checked. I'm only 37 so this was strange to me but even worse ...
- I have photosensitivity, emergency contraceptives or psych meds?
Fair skinned 42 YO female.
Taking venlafaxine 300 mg for a year. No probs. clonazepem0.5 mg. no probs.
A day or two before I took plan b, it got hot and sunny. After I took e plan b, I got a rash, very itchy, wherever the sun has been. 2 weeks later still have it. Doc prescribed hydroxyzine for e ...
- Has anyone had memory loss with their mirena?
Does anyone have substantial memory loss at a younger age using the Mirena?
- My medications are: proair hfa, mirena, adderall xr 20mg. ive been having pregnancy symptoms: could these drugs have interacted with each other?
I'm 23 years old have had asthama my whole life. I gave birth at 21 and got the mirena implanted 11 months later(I've had it almost 9 months) and was recently diagnosed with attention deficit disorder without hyperactivity and now taking adderall xr 20mg. I am having some pregnancy symptoms and wond ...
- Started adderall xr 20mg two weeks ago, got mirena inserted 9months ago..chance of pregnancy?
I'm 23 years old and a mother of one(19 months) I recently started taking adderall 20mg to treat adhd without hyperactivity.
I got the mirena about 9-10 months ago.
I've had some pregnancy symptoms and want to know if others have gotten pregnant while on these two together..any input is appreciate ...
More questions for: Mirena, Uterine abscess
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mirena and the paranoia
Okay, I will get one thing straight, I DO love my IUD. Luckily I'm one of the ones where it doesn't fall out of me or migrate. It stays put and does it's job.
I know there have been endless reports of symptoms. I will admit, I have a few of the more common ones, such as false pregnancy symptoms, ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mirena /pulmonary embolism
Hi , I was on mirena @ six weeks post delivery of my second sons birth in August of 2011. In march of 2013 I felt extremely tired , sluggish , like I was sick . I also was experiencing tachycardia and fever . I went in to docs and he said I had a respiratory infection and sent me home with an inhale ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
- Placenta previa after having the mirena iud
I had the Mirena implant from 2006 to 2011 after my 2nd child. After having it removed my husband and I got pregnant in August 2013. When I was 13 weeks I started bleeding and week to the emergency room. Upon further treatment the doctor concluded that I had a threatened abortion caused by a small ...
More reviews for: Mirena, Uterine abscess
On eHealthMe, Mirena (levonorgestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Mirena is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mirena used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Mirena, Uterine abscess
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plan B One-step, Depo-provera for a 44-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Mirena, Yasmin for a 28-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Mirena, Viibryd for a 40-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Mirena, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a 35-year old woman who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Levonorgestrel, Zopiclone for a 29-year old woman who has Emergency Contraception
- Comparions of Levonorgestrel, Zopiclone for a 29-year old woman who has Emergency Contraception
- Comparions of Implanon, Mirena for a 25-year old woman who has Contraception
- Comparions of Plan B One-step, Vyvanse for a 25-year old woman who has Family Planning And Contraception
- Comparions of Mirena, Micronor, Lybrel for a 40-year old woman who has Endometriosis
- Comparions of Mirena, Micronor for a 40-year old woman who has Endometriosis
More related comparison studies for: Mirena, Uterine abscess
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Oil Of Oregano
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome
- Post Menopause