Review: could Mirena cause Vaginal discharge?
Summary: Vaginal discharge is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Cyclizine, and have Birth control.
We study 62,609 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 792 have Vaginal discharge. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal discharge and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirena and have Vaginal discharge >>>
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 62,963 Mirena users)
Vaginal discharge has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 4,733 Vaginal discharge patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 62,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 792 people (1.27%) have Vaginal Discharge.
Time on Mirena when people have Vaginal discharge * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal discharge||20.47%||28.37%||17.21%||13.95%||17.67%||2.33%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal discharge when taking Mirena * :
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||0.00%||6.62%||42.68%||36.06%||13.76%||0.87%||0.00% |
Severity of Vaginal discharge when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal discharge ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (514 people, 64.90%)
- Menorrhagia (42 people, 5.30%)
- Endometriosis (16 people, 2.02%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (16 people, 2.02%)
- Menstrual disorder (12 people, 1.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclizine (8 people, 1.01%)
- Flagyl (6 people, 0.76%)
- Ambien (6 people, 0.76%)
- Valtrex (5 people, 0.63%)
- Acetaminophen (5 people, 0.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Bettyboop83 (3 years ago):
Australia Female 27yrs old. I have had 4 mirena's. 2 of which lead to falling pregnant and dissolving and surgery to remove the rest. The 3rd was removed at my local women's hosptial due to being 7 weeks pregnant. My beautiful healthy girl is now 3.Yet again I have another due to medical reason's and this time getting major side effects and this is one, the mirena is great if you can manage the crazy thinys it doesto your body
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirena and vaginal discharge on
Do you have Vaginal Discharge while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Vaginal Discharge
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Vaginal Discharge
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 16-year old girl with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Nausea, Bladder Discomfort, Uti - Acute, Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 26-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a 18-year old girl with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vaginal Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin A, Mirena for a 31-year old woman with Over All Health And M.s., Birth Control, Endometriosis. The patient has Moodiness, Breast Enlargement
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Pantoprazole, Vyvanse, Divalproex, Escitalopram for a 30-year old woman with Birth Control, Ibs, Adhd, Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Lactation Disorder
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.