Review: could Mirena cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Mirena, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Amitril, and have Birth control.
We study 62,603 people who have side effects while taking Mirena from FDA and social media. Among them, 206 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirena and have Vision blurred >>>
Mirena has active ingredients of levonorgestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 62,955 Mirena users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,524 Vision blurred patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 62,603 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirena. Among them, 206 people (0.33%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Mirena when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||12.61%||43.24%||14.41%||4.50%||18.92%||6.31%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Mirena * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||1.67%||31.11%||44.44%||22.78%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Mirena ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (122 people, 59.22%)
- Menorrhagia (17 people, 8.25%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 4.85%)
- Anaemia (8 people, 3.88%)
- Pain (7 people, 3.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitril (8 people, 3.88%)
- Mefenamic acid (6 people, 2.91%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 2.43%)
- Rivotril (5 people, 2.43%)
- Centrum performance (5 people, 2.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Andrea Markham (4 years ago):
I have had mirena now almpst 8 years and the whole time have had vision issues, depression and loss of sexual drive. I never knew it could effect vision so im off to talk to my doctor as the 3 issues only started afew weeks after getting my first mirena.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirena and vision blurred on
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Mirena?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirena and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Mirena
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a 35-year old woman with Emergency Contraception. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 27-year old woman with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Endometriosis. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Breast Pain
Recent Mirena related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.