Review: could Mirtazapine cause Drug screen positive?
Summary: Drug screen positive is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Temazepam, and have Sleep disorder.
We study 17,101 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Drug screen positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen positive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Drug screen positive >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 17,960 Mirtazapine users)
Drug screen positive
Drug screen positive has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 4,209 Drug screen positive patients)
On Mar, 24, 2015: 17,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 43 people (0.25%) have Drug Screen Positive.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Drug screen positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen positive||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Drug screen positive||46.15%||53.85% |
Age of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Drug screen positive||0.00%||0.00%||4.26%||12.77%||17.02%||23.40%||17.02%||25.53% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 18.60%)
- Depression (6 people, 13.95%)
- Bipolar disorder (5 people, 11.63%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 4.65%)
- Drug abuser (2 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Temazepam (14 people, 32.56%)
- Diazepam (12 people, 27.91%)
- Oxycodone hcl (11 people, 25.58%)
- Trazodone hcl (9 people, 20.93%)
- Clonazepam (9 people, 20.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Screen Positive while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Drug Screen Positive
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Drug screen positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 43-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
Recent Mirtazapine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.