Mirtazapine and Drug abuse - from FDA reports
Drug abuse is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Intentional self-injury. This review analyzes which people have Drug abuse with Mirtazapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,746 people who have side effects when taking Mirtazapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
29,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine.
Among them, 652 people (2.19%) have Drug abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Drug abuse *:
- < 1 month: 99 %
- 1 - 6 months: 1 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Mirtazapine *:
- female: 53.15 %
- male: 46.85 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Mirtazapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.69 %
- 20-29: 12.59 %
- 30-39: 21.38 %
- 40-49: 27.41 %
- 50-59: 23.97 %
- 60+: 13.97 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Intentional Self-Injury (30 people, 4.60%)
- Major Depression (22 people, 3.37%)
- Drug Dependence (17 people, 2.61%)
- Back Pain (12 people, 1.84%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (10 people, 1.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diazepam (59 people, 9.05%)
- Alprazolam (59 people, 9.05%)
- Zolpidem (49 people, 7.52%)
- Promethazine (47 people, 7.21%)
- Xanax (37 people, 5.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sopor (163 people, 25.00%)
- Intentional Self-Injury (76 people, 11.66%)
- Overdose (57 people, 8.74%)
- Cardiac Arrest (37 people, 5.67%)
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped (37 people, 5.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug abuse when taking Mirtazapine?
- Check symptoms - is drug abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug abuse and drugs with ingredients of mirtazapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug abuse and Mirtazapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 31,488 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,971 Drug abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Mirtazapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuseDrug abuse
Could your condition cause Drug abuseDrug abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, About 7 months ago I was diagnosed with "Dystonic RSI", my doctor told me it was a problem in nervous system. My nervous system was sending to many signals to the muscles in my forearms, the ones I use for mouse movement. This first manifested itself as muscle fatigue in my forearms ...
Just got put on mirtazpine 6 days ago switch from lamictal well first 5 nights didn't sleep much just like always but last night I fell asleep n next thing I know I wake up n the kitchen with plates forks spoons n food all over the kitchen counter but don't remember anything more than that don't ...
User reviews to the study
I was given Mirtazapine last July as the fluoxetine I was on wasn't really working, within 2 weeks of taking it my stomach swelled and I was in pain and by 4 weeks I had gained nearly 1st 7lb. I stopped taking them because I was experiencing severe pins and needles down the backs of my arms, my ...
Hi, It's about one month I am taking Mirtazapine, a week ago I faced sudden hearing loss and whispering from left side. What can I do? :( . I didn't know that's can be a possible cause of taking Mirtazapine. My treatment with prednisolone began forth day after the starting this hearing loss. ...