Home > Mirtazapine > Edema > Mirtazapine and Edema
Review: could Mirtazapine cause Edema (Swelling)?
Summary: Edema is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Lung neoplasm.
We study 17,075 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 84 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Edema >>>
Mirtazapine (latest outcomes from 17,930 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) (latest reports from 21,478 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 17,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 84 people (0.49%) have Edema.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine * :
Severity of Edema when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung neoplasm (23 people, 27.38%)
- Neoplasm malignant (23 people, 27.38%)
- Calcium deficiency (23 people, 27.38%)
- Metastases to spine (23 people, 27.38%)
- Depression (14 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (39 people, 46.43%)
- Zometa (37 people, 44.05%)
- Synthroid (37 people, 44.05%)
- Ambien (33 people, 39.29%)
- Vioxx (29 people, 34.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Edema
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Edema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- What are possible drug interactions?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who takes Prilosec Otc, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Remeron)
Are there any known adverse drug interactions and/or side effects for the prescription drugs I am taking?
- What medications cause hair loss
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Gabapentin, Lisinopril, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien Cr, Multivitamin, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Remeron)
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Safe for sleep
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, and takes Remeron)
is this for sleep? lots of side effects - has anyone used this. how about the next day, are you alert or how does this drug stay in the body and what are the effects.
More questions for: Mirtazapine, Edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
(Posted by a 91 year old woman who has Confusion Upon Waking In Morning, and takes Ativan, Remeron)
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
More reviews for: Mirtazapine, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Mirtazapine, Edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.