Review: could Mirtazapine cause Edema (Swelling)?
Summary: Edema is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Lung neoplasm.
We study 17,101 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Edema >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 17,969 Mirtazapine users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 22,168 Edema patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 17,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 84 people (0.49%) have Edema.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine * :
Severity of Edema when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung neoplasm (23 people, 27.38%)
- Neoplasm malignant (23 people, 27.38%)
- Calcium deficiency (23 people, 27.38%)
- Metastases to spine (23 people, 27.38%)
- Depression (14 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (39 people, 46.43%)
- Zometa (37 people, 44.05%)
- Synthroid (37 people, 44.05%)
- Ambien (33 people, 39.29%)
- Vioxx (29 people, 34.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Edema
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Edema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Remeron for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Simethicone, Albuterol, Symbicort, Ritalin, Megace, Pepcid, Claritin, Morphine, Ativan, Remeron, Tarceva for a 58-year old man with Bloating, Copd, Shortness Of Breath, Stimulants, Nasal Allergies, Allergies, Genital Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Lung Cancer. The patient has Fat Tissue Increased, Depression, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 21-year old man with Depression. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Magnesium Chloride, Spironolactone for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Potassium - Low, Edema, Low Blood Magnesium. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Depression Postmenopausal, Eczema Nummular, Edema
Recent Mirtazapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.