Mirtazapine and Edema - from FDA reports
Edema is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Calcium deficiency. This review analyzes which people have Edema with Mirtazapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,746 people who have side effects when taking Mirtazapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 03, 2017
29,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine.
Among them, 132 people (0.44%) have Edema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Edema *:
- < 1 month: 72.73 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine *:
- female: 79.23 %
- male: 20.77 %
Age of people who have Edema when taking Mirtazapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.67 %
- 30-39: 12.84 %
- 40-49: 14.68 %
- 50-59: 6.42 %
- 60+: 62.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neoplasm Malignant (25 people, 18.94%)
- Metastases To Spine (25 people, 18.94%)
- Calcium Deficiency (25 people, 18.94%)
- Lung Neoplasm (24 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (14 people, 10.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (43 people, 32.58%)
- Coumadin (42 people, 31.82%)
- Synthroid (41 people, 31.06%)
- Ambien (37 people, 28.03%)
- Vioxx (33 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (63 people, 47.73%)
- Breathing Difficulty (63 people, 47.73%)
- Joint Pain (48 people, 36.36%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (47 people, 35.61%)
- Abdominal Pain (47 people, 35.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Edema when taking Mirtazapine?
- Check symptoms - is edema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEdema and drugs with ingredients of mirtazapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEdema and Mirtazapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 31,490 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 45,856 Edema patients).
Browse all side effects of Mirtazapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EdemaEdema
Could your condition cause EdemaEdema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, About 7 months ago I was diagnosed with "Dystonic RSI", my doctor told me it was a problem in nervous system. My nervous system was sending to many signals to the muscles in my forearms, the ones I use for mouse movement. This first manifested itself as muscle fatigue in my forearms ...
Just got put on mirtazpine 6 days ago switch from lamictal well first 5 nights didn't sleep much just like always but last night I fell asleep n next thing I know I wake up n the kitchen with plates forks spoons n food all over the kitchen counter but don't remember anything more than that don't ...
User reviews to the study
My husband is taking Keppra to help with muscle cramping/spasms due to a spinal cord injury. He has most of the listed side effects such as, mood swings, depression, coordination, muscle weakness very depressed but he also has severe edema in his feet and now lower legs as well. Cant see where ...