Home > Mirtazapine > Epilepsy > Mirtazapine and Epilepsy
Review: could Mirtazapine cause Epilepsy?
Summary: Epilepsy is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Depression.
We study 17,070 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 121 have Epilepsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Epilepsy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Epilepsy >>>
Mirtazapine (latest outcomes from 17,928 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) (latest reports from 69,335 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 17,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 121 people (0.71%) have Epilepsy.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Epilepsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Epilepsy when taking Mirtazapine * :
Age of people who have Epilepsy when taking Mirtazapine * :
Severity of Epilepsy when taking Mirtazapine ** :
How people recovered from Epilepsy ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (61 people, 50.41%)
- Epilepsy (16 people, 13.22%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 9.09%)
- Convulsion (5 people, 4.13%)
- Multiple sclerosis (5 people, 4.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (12 people, 9.92%)
- Ibuprofen (10 people, 8.26%)
- Tramadol hcl (9 people, 7.44%)
- Domperidone (9 people, 7.44%)
- Indapamide (9 people, 7.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Epilepsy while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Epilepsy
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Epilepsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Hcg diet is good for me
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes HCG)
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
More questions for: Mirtazapine, Epilepsy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Mirtazapine, Epilepsy
- A study of drug interactions between Azilect, Mirtazapine for a patient with Parkinson. The patient has
Comments: Do these drugs interact with each other?
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a patient with Mirtazapine - 15mg. The patient has Lack Of Feeling
Comments: I have been on mirtazaoine 15mg for more than 15mg now the virtigo feeling ia qorat is it because of the medicine
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a patient with Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes, Hyperlipidemia
Comments: Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added Sept and Oct LFT's and lipids elevated.
More related studies for: Mirtazapine, Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.