Review: could Mirtazapine cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have Depression.
We study 17,101 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 17,960 Mirtazapine users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 17,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 39 people (0.23%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||70.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||7.50%||92.50% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||12.50%||25.00%||21.88%||28.12% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 25.64%)
- Bipolar disorder (5 people, 12.82%)
- Affective disorder (5 people, 12.82%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (4 people, 10.26%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 10.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (8 people, 20.51%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 20.51%)
- Clonazepam (7 people, 17.95%)
- Acetaminophen (7 people, 17.95%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 17.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirtazapine and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Mirtazapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.