Review: could Mirtazapine cause Hallucination, visual?
Summary: Hallucination, visual is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ibuprofen, and have Depression.
We study 17,101 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Hallucination, visual. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination, visual and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Hallucination, visual >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 17,960 Mirtazapine users)
Hallucination, visual (seeing things that aren't there) has been reported by people with depression, parkinson's disease, pain, high blood pressure, insomnia. (latest reports from 8,053 Hallucination, visual patients)
On Mar, 19, 2015: 17,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 116 people (0.68%) have Hallucination, Visual.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Hallucination, visual * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hallucination, visual||67.65%||17.65%||2.94%||2.94%||8.82%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hallucination, visual when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Hallucination, visual||42.75%||57.25% |
Age of people who have Hallucination, visual when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Hallucination, visual||0.00%||1.60%||0.00%||8.80%||16.80%||6.40%||12.00%||54.40% |
Severity of Hallucination, visual when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hallucination, visual||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hallucination, visual ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 18.97%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 9.48%)
- Nausea (11 people, 9.48%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (10 people, 8.62%)
- Major depression (8 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ibuprofen (34 people, 29.31%)
- Lorazepam (30 people, 25.86%)
- Amlodipine (29 people, 25.00%)
- Risperdal (26 people, 22.41%)
- Atenolol (24 people, 20.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination, Visual while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Hallucination, Visual
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Hallucination, Visual
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 40-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
Recent Mirtazapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.