Mirtazapine and Hallucination - from FDA reports
Hallucination is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hallucination with Mirtazapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,689 people who have side effects when taking Mirtazapine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 18, 2017
28,689 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine.
Among them, 441 people (1.54%) have Hallucination
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Hallucination *:
- < 1 month: 45.19 %
- 1 - 6 months: 39.42 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.81 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hallucination when taking Mirtazapine *:
- female: 64.86 %
- male: 35.14 %
Age of people who have Hallucination when taking Mirtazapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.41 %
- 20-29: 6.48 %
- 30-39: 11.27 %
- 40-49: 3.66 %
- 50-59: 27.32 %
- 60+: 49.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (67 people, 15.19%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (52 people, 11.79%)
- Diabetes (50 people, 11.34%)
- Mental Disorder (43 people, 9.75%)
- Quit Smoking (37 people, 8.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (60 people, 13.61%)
- Zyprexa (59 people, 13.38%)
- Lorazepam (58 people, 13.15%)
- Prilosec (49 people, 11.11%)
- Haldol (49 people, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (129 people, 29.25%)
- Confusional State (129 people, 29.25%)
- Agitation (120 people, 27.21%)
- Headache (104 people, 23.58%)
- Nausea (93 people, 21.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucination when taking Mirtazapine?
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 30,409 users)
Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 37,973 Hallucination patients).