Home > Mirtazapine > Increased appetite > Mirtazapine and Increased appetite
Review: could Mirtazapine cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,070 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 98 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Increased appetite >>>
Mirtazapine (latest outcomes from 17,928 users) has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression.
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) (latest reports from 59,613 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 17,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 98 people (0.57%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||50.00%||39.29%||7.14%||3.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Increased appetite||85.29%||14.71% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.45%||12.68%||19.72%||47.89%||11.27% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Increased appetite||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (48 people, 48.98%)
- Diabetes mellitus (47 people, 47.96%)
- Blood cholesterol (47 people, 47.96%)
- Mental disorder (43 people, 43.88%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (36 people, 36.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (51 people, 52.04%)
- Simvastatin (51 people, 52.04%)
- Potassium chloride (47 people, 47.96%)
- Motrin (47 people, 47.96%)
- Toprol-xl (47 people, 47.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- What are possible drug interactions?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who takes Prilosec Otc, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Remeron)
Are there any known adverse drug interactions and/or side effects for the prescription drugs I am taking?
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Hunger, Drowsiness, and takes Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season all ...
More questions for: Mirtazapine, Increased appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
(Posted by a 91 year old woman who has Confusion Upon Waking In Morning, and takes Ativan, Remeron)
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
More reviews for: Mirtazapine, Increased appetite
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Excessive Hunger
Comments: I am hungry all the time, no matter what I eat I am still hungry. I have gained 50 pounds in the past 6 months and I am always hungry. I do not crave anything just constant hunger pains. If i try to ignore them I get light headed and nauseous.
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
Comments: Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles t ...
More related studies for: Mirtazapine, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.