Mirtazapine and Increased appetite - from FDA reports
Increased appetite is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Increased appetite with Mirtazapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,746 people who have side effects when taking Mirtazapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
29,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine.
Among them, 153 people (0.51%) have Increased appetite
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Increased appetite *:
- < 1 month: 48.94 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.51 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine *:
- female: 77.4 %
- male: 22.6 %
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.7 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 12.61 %
- 40-49: 31.53 %
- 50-59: 36.04 %
- 60+: 14.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (50 people, 32.68%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (48 people, 31.37%)
- Diabetes (47 people, 30.72%)
- Mental Disorder (43 people, 28.10%)
- Quit Smoking (36 people, 23.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyprexa (54 people, 35.29%)
- Simvastatin (54 people, 35.29%)
- Vistaril (47 people, 30.72%)
- Chantix (47 people, 30.72%)
- Cogentin (46 people, 30.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (88 people, 57.52%)
- Drowsiness (70 people, 45.75%)
- Fatigue (67 people, 43.79%)
- Headache (62 people, 40.52%)
- Memory Loss (58 people, 37.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Increased appetite when taking Mirtazapine?
- Check symptoms - is increased appetite caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIncreased appetite and drugs with ingredients of mirtazapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIncreased appetite and Mirtazapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 31,490 users)
Increased appetite has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 16,933 Increased appetite patients).
Browse all side effects of Mirtazapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Increased appetiteIncreased appetite
Could your condition cause Increased appetiteIncreased appetite
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, About 7 months ago I was diagnosed with "Dystonic RSI", my doctor told me it was a problem in nervous system. My nervous system was sending to many signals to the muscles in my forearms, the ones I use for mouse movement. This first manifested itself as muscle fatigue in my forearms ...
Just got put on mirtazpine 6 days ago switch from lamictal well first 5 nights didn't sleep much just like always but last night I fell asleep n next thing I know I wake up n the kitchen with plates forks spoons n food all over the kitchen counter but don't remember anything more than that don't ...
User reviews to the study
Hi I started taking folic acid about two weeks ago but I stopped cause am not one who is consistent in taking medicine. Am someone who can go hours without eating. I am slim nd I also want to put on a lil weight. Ok. So I decided to start taking the folic acid again since I have been told its ...