Review: could Mirtazapine cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Atenolol, and have Depression.
We study 17,101 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 17,969 Mirtazapine users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,173 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 17,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 43 people (0.25%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00%||70.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Sexual dysfunction||9.09%||90.91% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.43%||17.14%||25.71%||20.00%||25.71% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 23.26%)
- Bipolar disorder (5 people, 11.63%)
- Affective disorder (5 people, 11.63%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (5 people, 11.63%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 9.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (8 people, 18.60%)
- Zyprexa (8 people, 18.60%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 16.28%)
- Clonazepam (7 people, 16.28%)
- Acetaminophen (7 people, 16.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mirtazapine and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Sexual Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
- A study of side effects of Remeron for a 36-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
Recent Mirtazapine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Fentanyl-75 for a 62-year old woman who has Generalised Torsion Dystonia Pain Relief
- Comparions of Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Sertraline for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety,
- Comparions of Zyprexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Prozac, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.