Review: could Mirtazapine cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Depression.
We study 17,075 people who have side effects while taking Mirtazapine from FDA and social media. Among them, 545 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Suicide attempt >>>
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 17,934 users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Suicide attempt 32,124 patients)
On Dec, 6, 2014: 17,075 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine. Among them, 545 people (3.19%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||82.21%||9.82%||4.29%||1.84%||0.61%||0.00%||1.23% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Suicide attempt||56.47%||43.53% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Mirtazapine * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||5.98%||12.16%||12.16%||21.24%||22.06%||26.39% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Mirtazapine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (127 people, 23.30%)
- Bipolar disorder (34 people, 6.24%)
- Schizophrenia (31 people, 5.69%)
- Suicide attempt (27 people, 4.95%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 4.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (104 people, 19.08%)
- Seroquel (55 people, 10.09%)
- Ibuprofen (50 people, 9.17%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (47 people, 8.62%)
- Zyprexa (43 people, 7.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Mirtazapine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Mirtazapine
- support group for people who have Suicide Attempt
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mirtazapine cause dehydration?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Dehydration, and takes Mirtazapine)
Dehydrated lately. Urine is very concentrated showing dehydration. Wondering if the drug in question is the cause.
- What happens when mirtazapine 15mg is taken daily and smoking marijuana is also done
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Apathy, and takes Mirtazapine)
Mirtazapine started 4 days back 15 mg daily but smoking of marijuana continues. Person is adult, 27 years and frail.
- Can i take l-theanine if i am taking fluoxetine?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, and takes Fluoxetine)
I went off Paxil about a year and a half ago. Ever sense I have had terrible trouble with anxiety and depression. Never feel myself. The Dr. gave me Fluoxetine 20mg and remeron 15mg. I have been on this for 9 months. No change.
I am litteraly at my wits end. Afraid to tell my children.
Would tak ...
- What are possible drug interactions?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who takes Prilosec Otc, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Remeron)
Are there any known adverse drug interactions and/or side effects for the prescription drugs I am taking?
- What medications cause hair loss
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Gabapentin, Lisinopril, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien Cr, Multivitamin, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Omeprazole, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Remeron)
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
More questions for: Mirtazapine, Suicide attempt
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Suicide Attempt, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride)
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
- 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
(Posted by a 91 year old woman who has Confusion Upon Waking In Morning, and takes Ativan, Remeron)
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
More reviews for: Mirtazapine, Suicide attempt
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Pristiq, Mirtazapine for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: Recently went in to treatment to get off of a hydrocodone addiction following neck surgery. The doctor staryed me on suboxone. This is the second time i was treated for this because i have been on a pain management program for neck problems. The dr drug screens me everytime i go there. While in ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
Comments: Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles t ...
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a patient with Depression. The patient has Red Face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck)
Comments: i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
More related studies for: Mirtazapine, Suicide attempt
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.