Mirtazapine and Underactive thyroid - from FDA reports
Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Mirtazapine, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor, and have Schizoaffective disorder. This review analyzes which people have Underactive thyroid with Mirtazapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,746 people who have side effects when taking Mirtazapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
29,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Mirtazapine.
Among them, 101 people (0.34%) have Underactive thyroid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mirtazapine when people have Underactive thyroid *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Mirtazapine *:
- female: 41.41 %
- male: 58.59 %
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Mirtazapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.82 %
- 40-49: 48.86 %
- 50-59: 6.82 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizoaffective Disorder (31 people, 30.69%)
- Metabolic Syndrome (23 people, 22.77%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (15 people, 14.85%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (9 people, 8.91%)
- Metastases To Spine (9 people, 8.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Effexor (43 people, 42.57%)
- Risperidone (36 people, 35.64%)
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride (35 people, 34.65%)
- Abilify (35 people, 34.65%)
- Valproate Sodium (24 people, 23.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Metabolic Syndrome (36 people, 35.64%)
- Liver Function Test Abnormal (35 people, 34.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (25 people, 24.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (21 people, 20.79%)
- Joint Pain (19 people, 18.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Underactive thyroid when taking Mirtazapine?
- Check symptoms - is underactive thyroid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUnderactive thyroid and drugs with ingredients of mirtazapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUnderactive thyroid and Mirtazapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mirtazapine has active ingredients of mirtazapine. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Mirtazapine 31,488 users)
Underactive thyroid has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, depression (latest reports from 85,732 Underactive thyroid patients).
Browse all side effects of Mirtazapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Underactive thyroidUnderactive thyroid
Could your condition cause Underactive thyroidUnderactive thyroid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
In 2009 I had my first onset of the urticaria and after endless tests a cause could not be found. I was on Xyzel and Atarax for about 9 months then found out I was pregnant. I was on the Atarax for the first 3 months of my pregnancy then everything magically disappeared I had my son in 2010. I ...
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...
User reviews to the study
Thank you for who ever started this group...thought I was alone in my search for answers. Seeking those who have had successful outcomes after acute pancreatic episode...I am a women who lives a healthy lifestyle, and open to suggestions as to what works to prevent further ...
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
Hi there .... I've been taking pueraria mirifica for breast enlargement purposes but I heard that for people like me with hypothyroid could cause your breast shrink instead of growing ... any experience with this ? Thanks