Home > Mobic > Drug abuse > Mobic and Drug abuse
Review: could Mobic cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Mobic, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lortab, and have Pain.
We study 11,628 people who have side effects while taking Mobic from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mobic and have Drug abuse >>>
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,489 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
Drug abuse (latest reports from 61,447 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 11,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic. Among them, 29 people (0.25%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Mobic when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Mobic * :
|Drug abuse||78.57%||21.43% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Mobic * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.04%||13.04%||43.48%||30.43%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (29 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (24 people, 82.76%)
- Fibromyalgia (22 people, 75.86%)
- Restless legs syndrome (22 people, 75.86%)
- Sinusitis (22 people, 75.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lortab (29 people, 100.00%)
- Ambien (28 people, 96.55%)
- Lexapro (26 people, 89.66%)
- Provigil (26 people, 89.66%)
- Klonopin (26 people, 89.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Mobic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mobic and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Mobic
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took to tablets of meloxicam for pain in shoulder maybe pinched nerve but, my question is since it is an antiflammatory is it helping for my conjestion "common cold" it seems that after taken 2 dose
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Pinched Nerve In Shoulder And Common Cold W/ Congestion, and takes Meloxicam)
I had radiating pain in the lower shoulder area for over a year. Since I stood home with a common cold w/ congestion I thought I would take this opportunity to treat myself to a drs visit for the ongoing pulsating pain in the shoulder.
My dr. prescribed Meloxicam for my shoulder pain. Would this p ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
- Is there any help for bone spurs on the shoulder
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has SHOULDER PAIN BONE SPURS, and takes Meloxicam)
I am in a lot of pain. Cannot lift my arms. Doctor said bone spurs can return if operated on. Cortisone shots don't help me at all.
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Leg Pains, and takes Hydroxyzine, Singulair, Meloxicam, Benicar, Crestor, Nexium)
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
More questions for: Mobic, Drug abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Meloxicam)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
More reviews for: Mobic, Drug abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Probiotic, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Calcium Citrate, Meloxicam, Exelon, Nexium, Lantus, Novolog, Escitalopram, Lisinopril for a patient with Allergy To Plants, Cats/dogs Dander, Trees And Grasses, Chronic Pain, Intestinal Health Increase Healthy Bacteria Destroyed By Aspartame, Joint Stiffness, For Women Over 50, No Iron,need Lutein,etc., Preventative, Osteopenia, Stiffness In A Joint, Dementia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Chronic Pain, Osteoarthritis Aggravated, Dementia Due To Other General Medical Condition, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Aggravated, Depression, High Blood Pressure
Comments: Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/rupt ...
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a patient with Severe Osteoarthritis/right Shoulder. The patient has
Comments: I have been suffering from Right Shoulder Pain for over 1 1/2 yrs. now....An MRI in 5/2013 showed Bursitis, Tendenitis, & Arthritis with a small bone spur.
Recent X-Rays taken (3/20/2014) by an Orthopedic Surgeon: Diagnosed me with Severe Osteoarthritis. He would not treat me, but called in to my ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fenofibric Acid, Prednisone, Flax Seed, Adderall 20, Vitamin D, Meloxicam, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Ambien, Mirena for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Lack Of Coordination, Aat Deficiency, Chronic Pain, Chronic Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control. The patient has Unable To Concentrate, Brain Mass, Joint Stiffness, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Fatigue, Abdominal Pain Lower, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorder
Comments: Began taking sleep aids 15+yrs ago.Can not nap or sleep without.Had the Mirena IUD inserted over 10yrs ago, shortly after it was approved.Began exp sever mood swings and depr. Was put on anti-depr. Began having chronic pain.Most sever in the neck,shoulders,arms and hips.Drs were unable to determin ...
More related studies for: Mobic, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.