Home > Mobic > Gerd > Mobic and Gerd
Review: could Mobic cause Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
We study 11,621 people who have side effects while taking Mobic from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Gerd. Find out below who they are, when they have Gerd and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mobic and have Gerd >>>
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,480 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) (latest reports from 45,960 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic. Among them, 30 people (0.26%) have Gerd.
Time on Mobic when people have Gerd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic * :
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic * :
Severity of Gerd when taking Mobic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gerd ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 56.67%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 46.67%)
- Bone lesion (14 people, 46.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 46.67%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 43.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (18 people, 60.00%)
- Skelaxin (16 people, 53.33%)
- Ambien (16 people, 53.33%)
- Prevacid (16 people, 53.33%)
- Lorazepam (16 people, 53.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gerd while taking Mobic?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mobic and have Gerd
- support group for people who take Mobic
- support group for people who have Gerd
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Feeling like something is stuck in my throat
From this study (6 months ago):
Diabetes Mellitus, insulin dependent for 53 years, brittle.
Chronic pain due to needing bone graph in femur/hip joint due to femur fracture 5 years ago which surgery did not properly repair--chronic bone deterioration in that left femur, lumbar spinal stenosis-awaiting surgery to L4/L5 slipped/ruptured disc. Left femur 1 inch shorter now than right femur.Chronic deterioration in right shoulder socket and upper arm, and clavicle--all due to longevity of insulin dependence for majority of life. Osteoporosis does not show up in blood tests, only osteopenia, altho oddities in bone density tests. Insurance w/not approve Exelon patch-concerns about Aricept effects on body and mind. Educated, intelligent, fully functional and capable post-menopausal female, worried that Aricept will have unwanted side effects to functionality. Living on on in an apartment. Too functional for a nursing facility. Please tell me what you think. Thanks, Teresa Shumate, email@example.com
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
More questions for: Mobic, Gerd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Mobic, Gerd
On eHealthMe, Mobic (meloxicam) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Mobic is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mobic used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (44 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (46 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (9 hours ago)
- Tongue Biting
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free Abraxis Pharm 2
- Elevated Liver Enzymes