Home > Mobic > Gerd > Mobic and Gerd
Review: could Mobic cause Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Gerd is found among people who take Mobic, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lexapro, and have Pain.
We study 11,628 people who have side effects while taking Mobic from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Gerd. Find out below who they are, when they have Gerd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mobic and have Gerd >>>
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,489 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
GERD (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) (latest reports from 46,240 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 11,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic. Among them, 30 people (0.26%) have Gerd.
Time on Mobic when people have Gerd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic * :
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Mobic * :
Severity of Gerd when taking Mobic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gerd ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 56.67%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 46.67%)
- Bone lesion (14 people, 46.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 46.67%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 43.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (18 people, 60.00%)
- Skelaxin (16 people, 53.33%)
- Ambien (16 people, 53.33%)
- Prevacid (16 people, 53.33%)
- Lorazepam (16 people, 53.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gerd while taking Mobic?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mobic and have Gerd
- support group for people who take Mobic
- support group for people who have Gerd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took to tablets of meloxicam for pain in shoulder maybe pinched nerve but, my question is since it is an antiflammatory is it helping for my conjestion "common cold" it seems that after taken 2 dose
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Pinched Nerve In Shoulder And Common Cold W/ Congestion, and takes Meloxicam)
I had radiating pain in the lower shoulder area for over a year. Since I stood home with a common cold w/ congestion I thought I would take this opportunity to treat myself to a drs visit for the ongoing pulsating pain in the shoulder.
My dr. prescribed Meloxicam for my shoulder pain. Would this p ...
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has GERD, and takes Invega Sustenna)
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
More questions for: Mobic, Gerd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Mobic, Gerd
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Energy Increased
Comments: Feel increased energy and alertness for a few hours after taking medication
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of side effects of Prilosec for a patient with Heartburn. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: severe tendon pain in right knee and left ankle
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a patient with Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Staph Skin Infection (a bacterial infection cause by staph bacteria)
Comments: Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a serious infection and was just notified that inspite of the infection now being under control with some serious antibiotics after spending three days in the hospital my white blood count continues to be high and has increased since my release from ...
More related studies for: Mobic, Gerd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.