Review: could Mobic cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 11,563 people who take Mobic. Among them, 581 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,437 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis, osteoarthritis. Commonly reported side effects of Mobic include pain exacerbated, nausea, nausea aggravated, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,127,850 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 11,563 people reported to have side effects when taking Mobic. Among them, 581 people (5.02%) have High Blood Pressure. They amount to 0.05% of all the 1,137,513 people who have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Mobic when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||40.54%||21.62%||8.11%||9.46%||18.92%||1.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Mobic * :
|High blood pressure||74.14%||25.86% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Mobic * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.41%||0.61%||5.68%||10.55%||29.01%||53.75% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Mobic ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||28.57%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||60.00%||40.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (129 people, 22.20%)
- Pain (86 people, 14.80%)
- Multiple myeloma (66 people, 11.36%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (63 people, 10.84%)
- Depression (50 people, 8.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (132 people, 22.72%)
- Celebrex (119 people, 20.48%)
- Lipitor (116 people, 19.97%)
- Vioxx (115 people, 19.79%)
- Toprol-xl (93 people, 16.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Mobic, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Mobic (meloxicam) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Mobic is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Mobic used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Mobic side effects from A to Z:
Browse Mobic drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro Myalgia, Wilsons Syndrome and Hashimoto's Disease for 22 years. I suffered an injury to the pelvic floor this last summer and am now experiencing spikes in blood pressure, anxiety that awakens me suddenly from sleep and sets in shortly after breakfast and general non-specific depression. I am wondering if one or more of these meds might be causing these three symptoms or contributing to any of them. Thank you.
From this study (10 months ago):
Mobic really helps my joint pain but it increases my blood pressure even after taking three blood pressure medications.
Carol on Jun, 13, 2013:
I am taking Mobic and my blood pressure skyrocketed. I am on an Ace Inhibitor, which I have read can interact with Mobic to raise blood pressure, and a beta blocker. Has anyone had good results with a certain blood pressure medication?
From this study (1 year ago):
Blood pressure keeps spiking uncontrollably at times.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Mobic, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Mobic, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Coreg, Amlodipine Besylate, Mobic, Ultram, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Not Sure, Inflamation, Restless Leg Twice Day, Back Pain 4times A Day. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Mobic, Indapamide, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container for a patient with Blood Pressure, Tendonitis, Blood Pressure Abnormal. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
More related studies for: Mobic, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.