Review: could Montelukast sodium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Montelukast sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Chantix, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 3,059 people who have side effects while taking Montelukast sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation >>>
Montelukast sodium has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Montelukast sodium 3,175 users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Constipation 80,049 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,054 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 68 people (2.23%) have Constipation.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (29 people, 42.65%)
- Asthma (19 people, 27.94%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 23.53%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (14 people, 20.59%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 14.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 45.59%)
- Ambien (19 people, 27.94%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 27.94%)
- Spiriva (18 people, 26.47%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Montelukast Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I don't want to get even more sick for using it when I'm not suppose to.
More questions for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK as much as it did on finesteride. Since then I take my usual 2 mg hytrin each morning and my 10 mg Singulair at night and the combo has all but done away with my prostatic hyperplasia. NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS MIT ON.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passed out when getting dizzy. I of course said I had gotten too warm and was exhausted from work the previous week. The dizziness continued in the mornings & I passed out several more times. On May 1st, I passed out while putting my make-up on and hit my eye on the faucet and head on the tile floor, despite that I went to work thinking it would subside, it didn't. I went to the ER directly after work. They ran a B-met on me and my GFR was 11 and creatinine 3.95. They admitted me to a larger hospital for evaluation. While in there, they pumped me with fluids continuously, saying I had severe dehydration. My kidney function improved, my creatinine levels went back down to 1.34. After 5 days I was discharged and told to see a cardiologist and endo. The endo doc cancelled my appointment on the basis it was not his area. I had had a cortisol and ACTH testing which I guess was normal. I saw the cardiologist, who said it wasn't cardio. I had had an echocardiogram in the hospital and EKG monitoring. Cardio sent me to neurology, the PNRN did a basic neurological exam and drew blood for disease markers such as Lupus, sjorgens, hepatitis, ect. All disease markers came back negative, but my GFR was at 11 again and creatinine was 4.25, BUN 50 along with an elevated ACE level. They called me and said I sarcoidosis. I really don't have any of the primary S/S of this autoimmune disease. I don't know where to go from here, they are referring me to another neurologist at a bigger hospital. I can't live my normal life, can't walk on my feet due extreme pain and I pass out at least 2x a week, which is not good for my old body. My BP upon laying and sitting runs like 117/72, upon standing it drops to like 70/50-50/30. I am on 0.1 mg of florinef, I tried increasing it but then my legs swelled up for a gain of 23#. I talked to Mayo Clinic today and all there specialists are booked out thru December. I have to be able to work, I can't stay home any longer than September 8th! Please advise me!
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. They have been increasing in severity over the last four days of use. The first dose today, day four, may have caused such a severe anxiety attack that I had to leave my job, return home, and function at a very low level with limited stimulus. I have not taken any more doses today and plan to contact my doctor in the morning.
More reviews for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started having chronic, severe migraines 7 months ago and they still continue. I struggle with stuffed up sinuses, especially on the right side and that is where the migraine is felt most. When my sinuses feel stuffed up, it effects my asthma.
- Given this drug at twice the recommended dose by a doctor who thought i had cough variant asthma. This drug did nothing to stop me coughing, which was the reason it was prescribed, although for the first time in a long time I did not have overly sensitive skin.
The side effects though were particu ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- When I stopped Singulair my chronic sore throat went away along with my skin hurting. I'm still getting little red skin blisters all over my body from neck down. Only one on my face, cheek. I haven't stopped the Linzess as I was on this for almost three months when my symptoms started 3 weeks after ...
More related studies for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.