Review: could Montelukast cause Constipation?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 21, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 3,003 people who take Montelukast. Among them, 64 have Constipation. See who they are, when they have Constipation and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Montelukast sodium (latest outcomes from 3,068 users) has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma, allergies. Commonly reported side effects of Montelukast sodium include nausea aggravated, nausea, breathing difficulty, asthma aggravated, nausea and vomiting.
Constipation (latest reports from 491,370 patients) has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 6, 2014: 2,948 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 64 people (2.17%) have Constipation.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (29 people, 45.31%)
- Asthma (17 people, 26.56%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 25.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (14 people, 21.88%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 15.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 48.44%)
- Ambien (19 people, 29.69%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 29.69%)
- Spiriva (18 people, 28.12%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 26.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Montelukast Sodium (montelukast sodium) is often used for asthma. Find out below the conditions Montelukast Sodium is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Montelukast Sodium used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Montelukast sodium side effects from A to Z:
Browse Montelukast sodium drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (3 months ago):
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
From this study (1 year ago):
Constipation with no dietary changes. Constipation continued after increasing fruit and liquid intake.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
More reviews for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zyrtec, Fluconazole, Lansoprazole, Miralax, Lidoderm, Cardizem, Fioricet, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Relpax, Tylenol, Enbrel, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex Hfa, Xopenex, Singulair, Oxycodone, Baclofen, Aygestin, Vitamin D for a patient with Allergic Reactions, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Constipation, Pain Management, Hypertension, Migraine With Aura, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Dry Eye, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Endometriosis, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Single Digit Swelling From.past Injury, Vertigo Positional, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Pain, Constipation, Passed Out (Fainting), Drowsiness, Fatigue, Interruption Of Aortic Arch, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Pressure Sore, Vision Blurred, Diastolic Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Constipation
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a patient with Asthma - Pediatric. The patient has Constipation
More related studies for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.