Home > Montelukast sodium > Constipation > Montelukast sodium and Constipation
Review: could Montelukast sodium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Montelukast sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Chantix, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 3,054 people who have side effects while taking Montelukast sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation >>>
Montelukast sodium (latest outcomes from 3,172 users) has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma.
Constipation (latest reports from 80,049 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,043 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 68 people (2.23%) have Constipation.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (29 people, 42.65%)
- Asthma (19 people, 27.94%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 23.53%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (14 people, 20.59%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 14.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 45.59%)
- Ambien (19 people, 27.94%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 27.94%)
- Spiriva (18 people, 26.47%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Montelukast Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & ...
- Since taking mupirocin for nasal condition i have developed constipation. are they related and to do?
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Constipation, and takes Mupirocin)
Have been using this product for about a week to 10 days. I have suddenly developed constipation. Are they related? and how long does this last.
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Lower Abdominal Pain, Headache, Constipation, and takes Ibuprofen, Miralax)
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
More questions for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Singulair to the rescue
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, and takes Singulair)
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Montelukast Sodium, Cefuroxime)
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. ...
More reviews for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
- A study of side effects of Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Cough Variant Asthma. The patient has Montelukast
Comments: Given this drug at twice the recommended dose by a doctor who thought i had cough variant asthma. This drug did nothing to stop me coughing, which was the reason it was prescribed, although for the first time in a long time I did not have overly sensitive skin.
The side effects though were particu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of drug interactions between Linzess, Singulair for a patient with IBS, Allergies. The patient has Blisters, Pain Of Skin, Throat - Sore
Comments: When I stopped Singulair my chronic sore throat went away along with my skin hurting. I'm still getting little red skin blisters all over my body from neck down. Only one on my face, cheek. I haven't stopped the Linzess as I was on this for almost three months when my symptoms started 3 weeks after ...
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Sleep Apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing), Cerebral Palsy, Feeling Sick Immediately After Eating Anything, Unstable Foetal Lie (changes its position during the prenatal period), Frequent Bowel Movements, Constipation, Dry Throat, Excessive Saliva (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth), Motion Sickness (travel sickness), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Lump In The Groin (an area of swelling or growth in groin), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Comments: I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
More related studies for: Montelukast sodium, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.