Review: could Montelukast sodium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Montelukast sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 3,075 people who have side effects while taking Montelukast sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation >>>
Montelukast sodium has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 3,191 Montelukast sodium users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,512 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 3,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 68 people (2.21%) have Constipation.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (29 people, 42.65%)
- Asthma (19 people, 27.94%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (16 people, 23.53%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (14 people, 20.59%)
- Sleep disorder (10 people, 14.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 45.59%)
- Ambien (19 people, 27.94%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 27.94%)
- Spiriva (18 people, 26.47%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of montelukast sodium and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Montelukast Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Singulair, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Miralax, Magnesium Citrate, Inositol, Vitamin D, L-glutamine, Prednisone, Colazal, Humira for a 33-year old woman with Asthma, General Physical Condition, Inflammation, Abdominal Bloating, Liver Disorder, Constipation, Ulcerative Colitis.
Recent Montelukast sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.