Review: could Montelukast sodium cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Montelukast sodium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 3,075 people who have side effects while taking Montelukast sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 93 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Rash >>>
Montelukast sodium has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 3,191 Montelukast sodium users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,070 Rash patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 3,075 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 94 people (3.06%) have Rash.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Montelukast sodium * :
Severity of Rash when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 29.79%)
- Asthma (21 people, 22.34%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 17.02%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 11.70%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 9.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 32.98%)
- Albuterol (14 people, 14.89%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 14.89%)
- Humira (11 people, 11.70%)
- Zyrtec (10 people, 10.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Montelukast Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Rash
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Nuvigil for a 25-year old woman with Noni, Narcolepsy. The patient has Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Rash
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
Recent Montelukast sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.