Review: could Montelukast sodium cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Montelukast sodium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking.
We study 3,075 people who have side effects while taking Montelukast sodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Skin rash >>>
Montelukast sodium has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from 3,190 Montelukast sodium users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,504 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 3,075 people reported to have side effects when taking Montelukast sodium. Among them, 93 people (3.02%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Montelukast sodium when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Montelukast sodium * :
|Skin rash||70.30%||29.70% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Montelukast sodium * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||4.41%||4.41%||2.94%||16.18%||20.59%||27.94%||23.53% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Montelukast sodium ** :
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (28 people, 30.11%)
- Asthma (20 people, 21.51%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 17.20%)
- Hypertension (11 people, 11.83%)
- Blood cholesterol (9 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (31 people, 33.33%)
- Albuterol (14 people, 15.05%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 15.05%)
- Humira (11 people, 11.83%)
- Zyrtec (10 people, 10.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of montelukast sodium and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Montelukast Sodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Montelukast sodium
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Orencia for a 66-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Protonix, Apriso, Singulair for a 13-year old girl with Allergy To Plants, Heartburn - Chronic, Crohn's Disease, Asthma. The patient has Insomnia, Ocd
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Aspirin, Accuretic, Crestor, Finasteride for a 58-year old man with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Bhp. The patient has Skin Bleeding, Skin Rash
Recent Montelukast sodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Xyzal, Singulair, Lexapro, Xanax, Sonata for a 39-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Singulair, Folic Acid, Xolair for a 51-year old woman who has Urticaria
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Probiotic, Symbicort, Montelukast Sodium, Spiriva for a 51-year old man who has COPD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.