Review: could Morphine sulfate cause Angina pectoris (Stable angina)?
Summary: Angina pectoris is found among people who take Morphine sulfate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nitroglycerin, and have Pain.
We study 18,484 people who have side effects while taking Morphine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Angina pectoris. Find out below who they are, when they have Angina pectoris and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Angina pectoris >>>
Morphine sulfate has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine sulfate 19,045 users)
Angina Pectoris (chest pain due to ischemia of the heart muscle) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, arthritis, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, pain.(latest reports from Angina Pectoris 25,388 patients)
On Dec, 17, 2014: 18,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine sulfate. Among them, 76 people (0.41%) have Angina Pectoris.
Time on Morphine sulfate when people have Angina pectoris * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Angina pectoris||85.71%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Angina pectoris when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Angina pectoris||40.22%||59.78% |
Age of people who have Angina pectoris when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Angina pectoris||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||11.11%||25.93%||13.58%||48.15% |
Severity of Angina pectoris when taking Morphine sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Angina pectoris ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (25 people, 32.89%)
- Insomnia (20 people, 26.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 25.00%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 25.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 21.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nitroglycerin (38 people, 50.00%)
- Plavix (33 people, 43.42%)
- Ambien (33 people, 43.42%)
- Gabapentin (33 people, 43.42%)
- Lisinopril (31 people, 40.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Angina Pectoris while taking Morphine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Angina Pectoris
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate
- support group for people who have Angina Pectoris
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Anyone taking amitza for the relief of constipation associated with taking morphinefor chronic pain? if so, does atmotza provide adequate relief of this type of constipation?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Idiopathic Constipation Caused By Taking Morphine For Chronic Pain, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I am just trying to get effective relief of my extreme constipation that has just recently began following my doctor prescribing morphine for relief of my chronic pain. I am hoping that the medicine Amitza is going to have an Osmotic affect on my constipation. I am very thankful for any helpful re ...
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
More questions for: Morphine sulfate, Angina pectoris
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prostatitis and prostate cancer acceleration due to anaesthetics
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chlamydia, Prostate Cancer Stage Ii, Prostatitis - Chronic, and takes Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Morphine)
Caught Chlamydia in 1978. Interestingly, the partnered girl's sister worked in an aviary; and I found out later that Chlamydia originates from handling birdshit and birds are the carriers. Chlamydia was undiagnosed at the time, so it was listed under 'Non-specific urethritis'. Chlamydia wasn't named ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, Loss Of Libido, Depressed Mood, Nausea, Visual Disturbance, Urticaria, Obstipation, and takes Morphine)
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Morphine sulfate, Angina pectoris
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy. The patient has
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Proair Hfa, Lunesta, Zofran, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nervousness, Difficulty Breathing, Sleeplessness, Nausea And Vomiting, Crps. The patient has Foggy Head, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Unable To Sleep For Days At At Time, Not Wanting To Eat, Persistant Vomiting, Hemmeroids, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Nausea And Vomiting, Numbness, Burning Eyes, Pain
Comments: Since being diagnosed with CRPS/RSD I have pain 100% of the time. It is not always a 10/10 but is always there in one form or another. It started in my right hand/arm after a accident while carrying a busing pan full of dirty dishes to be cleaned. While walking through a steel swinging door into the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Prednisone, Furosemide, Oxycontin, MS Contin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Health, Sarcoidosis, Fluid Retention. The patient has Chronic Brain Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Depression, Anger
Comments: During the past five years all of my relationships have become strained and most are currently non-existent. I have occasional outbursts where I become extremely angry and often scream and yell at those around me. I am also, and have been, for ten or more years very emotional, crying at the slight ...
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Percocet, Ambien, Celexa, Seroquel, Estradiol, Xanax for a patient with Chronic Pain, Chronic Insomnia, Depression, Mania, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Panic Attacks. The patient has Sulindac, Lyrica
Comments: I recently was put on lyrica & had horrible side effects within 10 days, I suffer from severe depression. This med made me feel exhausted, dizzy, sleepy, I honestly felt like I was in a fog all of the time-while I was on it. My dr took me off of lyrica & put me on Sulindac. Jeez, within 5 days I was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methadose, Klonopin, Ms Contin, Flexeril, Roxicodone for a patient with Low Back Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Back Pain - Low, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome. The patient has
Comments: I hurt my back lifting a patient at work. I have had three back surgeries, two dural tears. I get migraines a lot, sometimes w numbness in limbs especially left side. I also was diagnosed with limes disease a yrs ago, I took antibiotics but I think I still have due to fluid build up, knee an joint p ...
More related studies for: Morphine sulfate, Angina pectoris
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.