Review: could Morphine sulfate cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Morphine sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Migraine.
We study 18,497 people who have side effects while taking Morphine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Morphine sulfate has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 19,055 Morphine sulfate users)
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,684 Irritable bowel syndrome patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 18,497 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine sulfate. Among them, 37 people (0.20%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Morphine sulfate when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||71.43%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||64.29%||35.71% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.81%||28.57%||16.67%||30.95% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (8 people, 21.62%)
- Abdominal pain (7 people, 18.92%)
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 13.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 13.51%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 13.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (22 people, 59.46%)
- Prilosec (13 people, 35.14%)
- Ms contin (13 people, 35.14%)
- Albuterol (13 people, 35.14%)
- Prevacid (11 people, 29.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of morphine sulfate and irritable bowel syndrome on
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Morphine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Liver Extract, Morphine Sulfate for a 66-year old man with Same, Colon Cancer Stage Iv. The patient has Hallucinations, Mixed
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine for a 60-year old man with Kidney Stones. The patient has Choking Sensation
Recent Morphine sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.