Home > Morphine sulfate > Irritable bowel syndrome > Morphine sulfate and Irritable bowel syndrome
Review: could Morphine sulfate cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Morphine sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Migraine.
We study 18,481 people who have side effects while taking Morphine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Morphine sulfate (latest outcomes from 19,041 users) has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain.
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (latest reports from 14,865 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 18,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine sulfate. Among them, 37 people (0.20%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Morphine sulfate when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||71.43%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||64.29%||35.71% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.81%||28.57%||16.67%||30.95% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Morphine sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (8 people, 21.62%)
- Abdominal pain (7 people, 18.92%)
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 13.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 13.51%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 13.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (22 people, 59.46%)
- Prilosec (13 people, 35.14%)
- Ms contin (13 people, 35.14%)
- Albuterol (13 people, 35.14%)
- Prevacid (11 people, 29.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Morphine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate
- support group for people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Anyone taking amitza for the relief of constipation associated with taking morphinefor chronic pain? if so, does atmotza provide adequate relief of this type of constipation?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Idiopathic Constipation Caused By Taking Morphine For Chronic Pain, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I am just trying to get effective relief of my extreme constipation that has just recently began following my doctor prescribing morphine for relief of my chronic pain. I am hoping that the medicine Amitza is going to have an Osmotic affect on my constipation. I am very thankful for any helpful re ...
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
More questions for: Morphine sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Prostatitis and prostate cancer acceleration due to anaesthetics
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chlamydia, Prostate Cancer Stage Ii, Prostatitis - Chronic, and takes Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Morphine)
Caught Chlamydia in 1978. Interestingly, the partnered girl's sister worked in an aviary; and I found out later that Chlamydia originates from handling birdshit and birds are the carriers. Chlamydia was undiagnosed at the time, so it was listed under 'Non-specific urethritis'. Chlamydia wasn't named ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
More reviews for: Morphine sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy. The patient has
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Celebrex, Fluoxetine, Soma, Lyrica, Morphine, Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen, Chronic Pain, Ptsd, Nerve Pain. The patient has Thick Ejaculate/ Thick Semen
Comments: Thick uncomfortable ejaculations. Sometimes "chunks" of semen exit my penis durning bowel movements. Ejaculations look like gobs of tiny little round, very thick balls of semen making up large chunks of ejaculate...
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Lisinopril, Diazepam, Abilify, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate for a patient with Pain In Limb, Hypertension, Anxiety And Stress, Major Depression, Chronic Depression, Adhd. The patient has Disorientation, Hand Shaking, Double Vision
Comments: I started taking bupropion for depression 6 mos ago. A month ago I added paroxetine. About 2 wks ago I started Abilify at 1 mg/day. Several days after starting Abilify I developed diplopia so severe I could hardly drive. I stopped the Abilify 6 days ago and the diplopia and disorientation has improv ...
More related studies for: Morphine sulfate, Irritable bowel syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.