Review: could Morphine sulfate cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Morphine sulfate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Pain.
We study 18,497 people who have side effects while taking Morphine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 95 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Migraine >>>
Morphine sulfate has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 19,055 Morphine sulfate users)
Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 51,741 Migraine patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 18,497 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine sulfate. Among them, 95 people (0.51%) have Migraine.
Time on Morphine sulfate when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Morphine sulfate * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Morphine sulfate * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Morphine sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (27 people, 28.42%)
- Migraine (17 people, 17.89%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 10.53%)
- Neck pain (7 people, 7.37%)
- Anaemia (6 people, 6.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (23 people, 24.21%)
- Potassium chloride (21 people, 22.11%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 22.11%)
- Protonix (17 people, 17.89%)
- Zometa (17 people, 17.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of morphine sulfate and migraine on
Do you have Migraine while taking Morphine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Morphine sulfate
- support group for people who have Migraine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of side effects of Norflex for a 26-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur), Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus), Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there), Dialated Pupils, Confusion, Migraine (headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine for a 60-year old man with Kidney Stones. The patient has Choking Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl, Ventolin Hfa, Verapamil Hcl, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Hydrocodone Compound for a 50-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Depression, Asthma Late Onset, Heart Rate Increased, Inflammatory Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Breast Removal Surgery, Plantar Fasciitis, Psoriatic Arthropathy, Psoriasis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Fibromyalgia
Recent Morphine sulfate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.