Home > Morphine > A-fib > Morphine and A-fib
Review: could Morphine cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 48,638 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 788 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Morphine and have A-fib >>>
Morphine (latest outcomes from 49,729 users) has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 48,633 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 787 people (1.62%) have A-fib.
Time on Morphine when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Morphine * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Morphine * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Morphine ** :
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (124 people, 15.76%)
- Atrial fibrillation (67 people, 8.51%)
- Multiple myeloma (55 people, 6.99%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (49 people, 6.23%)
- Nausea (48 people, 6.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (284 people, 36.09%)
- Aspirin (279 people, 35.45%)
- Lasix (246 people, 31.26%)
- Acetaminophen (216 people, 27.45%)
- Potassium chloride (192 people, 24.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Morphine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Morphine and have A-fib
- group for people who take Morphine
- group for people who have A-fib
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Tony on Sep, 2, 2014:
I am 35 years old and have never had any heart conditions. After taking axiron for 6 months I have developed Atrial Fibirlations. I have been off of axiron for 3 months now and I have on average 5 to 10 episodes a day with atrial fibrilations. I have not been able to exercise or do any physician activities for 3 months now cause of this. Only other thing I was taking was a multi-vitamin that I have taken for well over 5 years.
From this study (3 days ago):
Has COPD, CHF, pleural effusion, renal insufficiency, hypoxia, myeloproliferative disorder (without acute transformationn), malnutrition and pneumonia.
From this study (1 month ago):
Incidence of heart flutter seems to be greater since starting Tikosyn
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Morphine, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
More reviews for: Morphine, A-fib
On eHealthMe, Morphine (morphine sulfate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Morphine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Morphine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Obstetrical Pulmonary Embolism
- Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide
- Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Memory Loss