Review: could Morphine cause Agitation?
Summary: Agitation is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Morphine sulfate, and have Pain.
We study 48,671 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,097 have Agitation. Find out below who they are, when they have Agitation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine and have Agitation >>>
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 49,767 Morphine users)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 54,746 Agitation patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 48,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 1,101 people (2.26%) have Agitation.
Time on Morphine when people have Agitation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine * :
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine * :
Severity of Agitation when taking Morphine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Agitation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (337 people, 30.61%)
- Depression (70 people, 6.36%)
- Anxiety (53 people, 4.81%)
- Cancer pain (48 people, 4.36%)
- Back pain (46 people, 4.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (619 people, 56.22%)
- Lorazepam (150 people, 13.62%)
- Acetaminophen (148 people, 13.44%)
- Fentanyl (143 people, 12.99%)
- Oxycodone hcl (134 people, 12.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Agitation while taking Morphine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine and have Agitation
- support group for people who take Morphine
- support group for people who have Agitation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
Recent Morphine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.