Morphine and Agitation - from FDA reports
Agitation is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Agitation with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,909 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
78,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,401 people (1.78%) have Agitation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Agitation *:
- < 1 month: 71.13 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.2 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.23 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.11 %
- 10+ years: 2.11 %
Gender of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine *:
- female: 42.55 %
- male: 57.45 %
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 1.24 %
- 2-9: 2.81 %
- 10-19: 4.22 %
- 20-29: 3.47 %
- 30-39: 8.52 %
- 40-49: 20.51 %
- 50-59: 19.11 %
- 60+: 40.03 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (74 people, 5.28%)
- Stress And Anxiety (59 people, 4.21%)
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 2.78%)
- Analgesic Therapy (39 people, 2.78%)
- Sedation (36 people, 2.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fentanyl (126 people, 8.99%)
- Acetaminophen (116 people, 8.28%)
- Lorazepam (113 people, 8.07%)
- Ativan (102 people, 7.28%)
- Furosemide (93 people, 6.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (363 people, 25.91%)
- Stress And Anxiety (225 people, 16.06%)
- Nausea (212 people, 15.13%)
- Fatigue (202 people, 14.42%)
- Weakness (187 people, 13.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Agitation when taking Morphine?
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 78,650 users)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood pressure (latest reports from 80,573 Agitation patients).