Morphine and Agitation - from FDA reports
Agitation is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Agitation with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,912 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
78,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,401 people (1.78%) have Agitation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Agitation *:
- < 1 month: 72.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.14 %
- 10+ years: 2.14 %
Gender of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine *:
- female: 42.55 %
- male: 57.45 %
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 1.24 %
- 2-9: 2.81 %
- 10-19: 4.22 %
- 20-29: 3.47 %
- 30-39: 8.52 %
- 40-49: 20.51 %
- 50-59: 19.11 %
- 60+: 40.03 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (74 people, 5.28%)
- Stress And Anxiety (59 people, 4.21%)
- Back Pain (54 people, 3.85%)
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 2.78%)
- Analgesic Therapy (39 people, 2.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fentanyl (126 people, 8.99%)
- Acetaminophen (116 people, 8.28%)
- Lorazepam (113 people, 8.07%)
- Ativan (102 people, 7.28%)
- Furosemide (93 people, 6.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (363 people, 25.91%)
- Stress And Anxiety (225 people, 16.06%)
- Nausea (212 people, 15.13%)
- Fatigue (202 people, 14.42%)
- Weakness (187 people, 13.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Agitation when taking Morphine?
- Check symptoms - is agitation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAgitation and drugs with ingredients of morphine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAgitation and Morphine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 80,882 users)
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, high blood pressure (latest reports from 84,094 Agitation patients).
Browse all side effects of Morphinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AgitationAgitation
Could your condition cause AgitationAgitation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I use morphine injection 15mg. I had oral cancer, treated with chemo and radiation. I go monthly for blood test. My red blood cells are better, almost on the right amount. The white cells are low at the moment. It was sometimes OK, but up and down.
Naltrexone is the only medication that has significantly reduced my urge to drink but the irritability that comes with it is brutal. I have discussed it with others that are experiencing it and my Dr as well...I'm not sure how long I can tolerate it. Ive been on it for 8 months.
Hi, I am a 58 yr old retired nurse. I suffer from severe osteoporosis & shattered my right leg 6 yrs ago & have been in a wheelchair since then. I have to be very careful as my ribs break by turning wrong , coughing etc. I broke the femur in the right leg last year so now have more metal than ...