Morphine and Atrial fibrillation - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Atrial fibrillation with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,912 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
78,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,021 people (1.29%) have Atrial fibrillation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Atrial fibrillation *:
- < 1 month: 87.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.63 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.16 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Morphine *:
- female: 47.28 %
- male: 52.72 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 0.35 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.46 %
- 20-29: 2.07 %
- 30-39: 1.04 %
- 40-49: 7.48 %
- 50-59: 13.46 %
- 60+: 75.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (94 people, 9.21%)
- Nausea (51 people, 5.00%)
- Constipation (50 people, 4.90%)
- High Blood Pressure (44 people, 4.31%)
- Metastases To Bone (39 people, 3.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (218 people, 21.35%)
- Lasix (201 people, 19.69%)
- Acetaminophen (179 people, 17.53%)
- Digoxin (157 people, 15.38%)
- Zofran (156 people, 15.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (220 people, 21.55%)
- Weakness (196 people, 19.20%)
- Pneumonia (193 people, 18.90%)
- Breathing Difficulty (189 people, 18.51%)
- Anaemia (180 people, 17.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Atrial fibrillation when taking Morphine?
- Check symptoms - is atrial fibrillation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAtrial fibrillation and drugs with ingredients of morphine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtrial fibrillation and Morphine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 80,882 users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 Atrial fibrillation patients).
Browse all side effects of Morphinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
Could your condition cause Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
User reviews to the study
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue
may 3, 2017 surgery to remove cancer tumor from right kidney. IV of Dilaudid or morphine, don't remember which, for two day. then dilaudid for about 5 days, then to the ER with afib. then 3 days later back to the ER with afib. both times, they were able to give me a shot the put me back ...