Review: could Morphine cause Chest discomfort (Chest pain)?
Summary: Chest discomfort is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Morphine sulfate, and have Pain.
We study 48,675 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,905 have Chest discomfort. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest discomfort and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine and have Chest discomfort >>>
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 49,767 Morphine users)
Chest discomfort has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,773 Chest discomfort patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 48,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 1,904 people (3.91%) have Chest Discomfort.
Time on Morphine when people have Chest discomfort * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest discomfort||72.08%||11.69%||6.49%||2.60%||5.84%||0.65%||0.65% |
Gender of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Morphine * :
|Chest discomfort||59.39%||40.61% |
Age of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Morphine * :
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||0.20%||1.66%||3.58%||11.10%||20.03%||26.64%||36.78% |
Severity of Chest discomfort when taking Morphine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest discomfort||0.00%||42.86%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Chest discomfort ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest discomfort||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (437 people, 22.95%)
- Metastases to bone (123 people, 6.46%)
- Multiple myeloma (116 people, 6.09%)
- Hypertension (113 people, 5.93%)
- Breast cancer (102 people, 5.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (911 people, 47.85%)
- Aspirin (548 people, 28.78%)
- Zometa (546 people, 28.68%)
- Aredia (438 people, 23.00%)
- Neurontin (393 people, 20.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of morphine and chest discomfort on
Do you have Chest Discomfort while taking Morphine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine and have Chest Discomfort
- support group for people who take Morphine
- support group for people who have Chest Discomfort
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Lamictal for a 43-year old woman with Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Migraine. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Aztreonam for a 24-year old woman with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Vertigo, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
Recent Morphine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.