Morphine and Coma - from FDA reports
Coma is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Coma with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 76,689 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 27, 2017
76,689 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,113 people (1.45%) have Coma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Coma *:
- < 1 month: 88.61 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.7 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.63 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.16 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.9 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Coma when taking Morphine *:
- female: 54.96 %
- male: 45.04 %
Age of people who have Coma when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 2.22 %
- 10-19: 3.81 %
- 20-29: 7.41 %
- 30-39: 10.79 %
- 40-49: 15.56 %
- 50-59: 18.62 %
- 60+: 41.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (239 people, 21.47%)
- Depression (46 people, 4.13%)
- Back Pain (34 people, 3.05%)
- Cancer Pain (33 people, 2.96%)
- Stress And Anxiety (32 people, 2.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen (81 people, 7.28%)
- Fentanyl (80 people, 7.19%)
- Lasix (74 people, 6.65%)
- Oxycontin (62 people, 5.57%)
- Duragesic-100 (59 people, 5.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (159 people, 14.29%)
- Overdose (140 people, 12.58%)
- Drowsiness (118 people, 10.60%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (101 people, 9.07%)
- Multiple Drug Overdose (89 people, 8.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coma when taking Morphine?
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 78,650 users)
Coma (state of unconsciousness lasting more than six hours) has been reported by people with pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes (latest reports from 32,162 Coma patients).