Review: could Morphine cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Morphine sulfate, and have Pain.
We study 48,675 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,139 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine and have Death >>>
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 49,772 Morphine users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,874 Death patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 48,675 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 2,198 people (4.52%) have Death.
Time on Morphine when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Morphine * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Morphine * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (367 people, 16.70%)
- Multiple myeloma (119 people, 5.41%)
- Cancer pain (101 people, 4.60%)
- Breast cancer (77 people, 3.50%)
- Nausea (72 people, 3.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (1,057 people, 48.09%)
- Dexamethasone (240 people, 10.92%)
- Zometa (225 people, 10.24%)
- Lasix (221 people, 10.05%)
- Aspirin (211 people, 9.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of morphine and death on
Do you have Death while taking Morphine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine and have Death
- support group for people who take Morphine
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Morphine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.