Review: could Morphine cause Difficulty breathing (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Difficulty breathing is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Morphine sulfate, and have Pain.
We study 48,649 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,341 have Difficulty breathing. Find out below who they are, when they have Difficulty breathing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Morphine and have Difficulty breathing >>>
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 49,746 users)
Difficulty breathing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.(latest reports from Difficulty breathing 164,496 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 48,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 2,819 people (5.79%) have Difficulty Breathing.
Time on Morphine when people have Difficulty breathing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Difficulty breathing||71.96%||15.50%||5.54%||2.58%||3.32%||1.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Morphine * :
|Difficulty breathing||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who have Difficulty breathing when taking Morphine * :
|Difficulty breathing||0.14%||0.42%||1.62%||3.60%||7.91%||16.78%||28.75%||40.76% |
Severity of Difficulty breathing when taking Morphine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Difficulty breathing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Difficulty breathing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (592 people, 21.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (206 people, 7.31%)
- Metastases to bone (204 people, 7.24%)
- Hypertension (152 people, 5.39%)
- Breast cancer (129 people, 4.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (1,341 people, 47.57%)
- Zometa (812 people, 28.80%)
- Aspirin (616 people, 21.85%)
- Aredia (613 people, 21.75%)
- Lasix (529 people, 18.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Difficulty Breathing while taking Morphine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Morphine and have Difficulty Breathing
- support group for people who take Morphine
- support group for people who have Difficulty Breathing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Albuterol, Fioricet)
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my eyes front for head and temples (I have also had a warming sensation in the back of head and thought body here and there that no one can explain to me ) but I have been subscribed fioricet but I'm a chronic asthmatic so I take albuterol inhaler ...
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Anyone taking amitza for the relief of constipation associated with taking morphinefor chronic pain? if so, does atmotza provide adequate relief of this type of constipation?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Idiopathic Constipation Caused By Taking Morphine For Chronic Pain, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I am just trying to get effective relief of my extreme constipation that has just recently began following my doctor prescribing morphine for relief of my chronic pain. I am hoping that the medicine Amitza is going to have an Osmotic affect on my constipation. I am very thankful for any helpful re ...
More questions for: Morphine, Difficulty breathing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Prostatitis and prostate cancer acceleration due to anaesthetics
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chlamydia, Prostate Cancer Stage Ii, Prostatitis - Chronic, and takes Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Morphine)
Caught Chlamydia in 1978. Interestingly, the partnered girl's sister worked in an aviary; and I found out later that Chlamydia originates from handling birdshit and birds are the carriers. Chlamydia was undiagnosed at the time, so it was listed under 'Non-specific urethritis'. Chlamydia wasn't named ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Morphine, Difficulty breathing
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Coreg, Morphine Sulfate, Halcion, Xarelto for a patient with Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Failure, Pain, Sedation, Prevent Strokes. The patient has Congestive Heart Failure
Comments: She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a patient with Backaches And Stress. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: I have used oxycodone, methodone, Ibuprofen, tylenol and i have symptoms of back and stomache aches, headaches, weakness, and shortness of breath. I know i have luekopenia i was told by the Dr i seen at emergency.
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Musculoskeletal Discomfort. The patient has Breathlessness
Comments: i have had breathlessness for about 7 weeks now, i have had an ecg and tested for asthma and both came back normal. it all started from doing weights in the gym and the breathlessness is affecting my active life.
More related studies for: Morphine, Difficulty breathing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.