Morphine and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,912 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
78,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,646 people (2.09%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 89.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.68 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.21 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.21 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.47 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.37 %
- 10+ years: 0.37 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Morphine *:
- female: 47.75 %
- male: 52.25 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 0.65 %
- 2-9: 1.29 %
- 10-19: 1.58 %
- 20-29: 2.58 %
- 30-39: 4.88 %
- 40-49: 13.34 %
- 50-59: 22.45 %
- 60+: 53.08 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (194 people, 11.79%)
- Multiple Myeloma (134 people, 8.14%)
- High Blood Pressure (90 people, 5.47%)
- Preventive Health Care (83 people, 5.04%)
- Nausea (74 people, 4.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (439 people, 26.67%)
- Heparin (301 people, 18.29%)
- Trasylol (264 people, 16.04%)
- Acetaminophen (235 people, 14.28%)
- Fentanyl (216 people, 13.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (403 people, 24.48%)
- Injury (378 people, 22.96%)
- Emotional Distress (264 people, 16.04%)
- Breathing Difficulty (250 people, 15.19%)
- Hypotension (249 people, 15.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Morphine?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of morphine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Morphine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 80,882 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Morphinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
I use morphine injection 15mg. I had oral cancer, treated with chemo and radiation. I go monthly for blood test. My red blood cells are better, almost on the right amount. The white cells are low at the moment. It was sometimes OK, but up and down.
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate