Review: could Morphine cause Slurred speech (Speech impairment (adult))?
Summary: Slurred speech is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Morphine sulfate, and have Pain.
We study 48,671 people who have side effects while taking Morphine from FDA and social media. Among them, 535 have Slurred speech. Find out below who they are, when they have Slurred speech and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Morphine and have Slurred speech >>>
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 49,767 Morphine users)
Slurred speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 31,347 Slurred speech patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 48,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine. Among them, 535 people (1.10%) have Slurred Speech.
Time on Morphine when people have Slurred speech * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Slurred speech||52.46%||27.87%||9.84%||4.92%||4.92%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Slurred speech when taking Morphine * :
|Slurred speech||51.25%||48.75% |
Age of people who have Slurred speech when taking Morphine * :
|Slurred speech||0.00%||1.08%||2.70%||1.62%||16.37%||30.22%||21.04%||26.98% |
Severity of Slurred speech when taking Morphine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Slurred speech||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Slurred speech ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Slurred speech||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (180 people, 33.64%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (33 people, 6.17%)
- Insomnia (27 people, 5.05%)
- Back pain (22 people, 4.11%)
- Sleep disorder (18 people, 3.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Morphine sulfate (284 people, 53.08%)
- Neurontin (92 people, 17.20%)
- Oxycontin (84 people, 15.70%)
- Ativan (82 people, 15.33%)
- Dexamethasone (75 people, 14.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of morphine and slurred speech on
Do you have Slurred Speech while taking Morphine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Morphine and have Slurred Speech
- support group for people who take Morphine
- support group for people who have Slurred Speech
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a 94-year old man with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
- A study of drug interactions between L-theanine, Gaba, Magnesium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Risperdal for a 43-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Slurred Speech, Eyeball Rupture
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 57-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Inability To Speak (inability to speak (adult)), Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Head Discomfort, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places)
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine for a 60-year old man with Kidney Stones. The patient has Choking Sensation
Recent Morphine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.