Home > Ms contin > Stomach pain > Ms contin and Stomach pain
Review: could Ms contin cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Ms contin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 8,073 people who have side effects while taking Ms contin from FDA and social media. Among them, 521 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ms contin and have Stomach pain >>>
Ms contin (latest outcomes from 8,252 users) has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 621,171 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 8,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Ms contin. Among them, 416 people (5.15%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Ms contin when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||31.58%||10.53%||21.05%||31.58%||5.26%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Ms contin * :
|Stomach pain||65.38%||34.62% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Ms contin * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.27%||0.27%||1.60%||4.80%||24.53%||35.73%||32.80% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Ms contin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (70 people, 16.83%)
- Breast cancer (46 people, 11.06%)
- Multiple myeloma (40 people, 9.62%)
- Metastases to bone (32 people, 7.69%)
- Prophylaxis (26 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (166 people, 39.90%)
- Aredia (115 people, 27.64%)
- Neurontin (109 people, 26.20%)
- Aspirin (105 people, 25.24%)
- Ativan (96 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Ms Contin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ms contin and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Ms contin
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- Can mrsa cause chronic intestinal pseudo obstruction?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Adhesion, Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction, MRSA Infection, Upper GI And Small Bowel Series, and takes Atropine, Mebeverine Hydrochloride, Lactulose, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Topiramate, Morphine, Vancomycin Hcl)
I had a small bowel obstruction caused by adhesions from an appendectomy carried out 20yrs previously and had grumbling pain ever since but been labelled a malingerer by my family GP until one day at work when I started with terrible tummy ache and sickness like I'd never known, fetching up bile wit ...
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- Anyone taking amitza for the relief of constipation associated with taking morphinefor chronic pain? if so, does atmotza provide adequate relief of this type of constipation?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Idiopathic Constipation Caused By Taking Morphine For Chronic Pain, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I am just trying to get effective relief of my extreme constipation that has just recently began following my doctor prescribing morphine for relief of my chronic pain. I am hoping that the medicine Amitza is going to have an Osmotic affect on my constipation. I am very thankful for any helpful re ...
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
More questions for: Ms contin, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prostatitis and prostate cancer acceleration due to anaesthetics
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chlamydia, Prostate Cancer Stage Ii, Prostatitis - Chronic, and takes Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Morphine)
Caught Chlamydia in 1978. Interestingly, the partnered girl's sister worked in an aviary; and I found out later that Chlamydia originates from handling birdshit and birds are the carriers. Chlamydia was undiagnosed at the time, so it was listed under 'Non-specific urethritis'. Chlamydia wasn't named ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Ms contin, Stomach pain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy. The patient has
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Pantoprazole, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Celexa, Topiramate, Roxicodone for a patient with Chronic Pain From Herniated Disks, Hiatal Hernea Symptoms: Acid Reflux, Depression, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Chronic Pain. The patient has Hernia - Hiatal, Constipation, Heartburn - Chronic, Abdominal Bloating, Abdominal Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Proair Hfa, Lunesta, Zofran, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nervousness, Difficulty Breathing, Sleeplessness, Nausea And Vomiting, Crps. The patient has Foggy Head, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Unable To Sleep For Days At At Time, Not Wanting To Eat, Persistant Vomiting, Hemmeroids, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Nausea And Vomiting, Numbness, Burning Eyes, Pain
Comments: Since being diagnosed with CRPS/RSD I have pain 100% of the time. It is not always a 10/10 but is always there in one form or another. It started in my right hand/arm after a accident while carrying a busing pan full of dirty dishes to be cleaned. While walking through a steel swinging door into the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
More related studies for: Ms contin, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.