Msm and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is found among people who take Msm, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Calcium, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Kidney failure with Msm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 447 people who have side effects when taking Msm from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
447 people reported to have side effects when taking Msm.
Among them, 6 people (1.34%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Msm *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Msm *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Sleep Disorder (1 person, 16.67%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 person, 16.67%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (1 person, 16.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (2 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin C (2 people, 33.33%)
- Oxycodone (2 people, 33.33%)
- Glucosamine (2 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium (2 people, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (2 people, 33.33%)
- Dehydration (2 people, 33.33%)
- Urination - Painful (1 person, 16.67%)
- Nausea (1 person, 16.67%)
- Itching (1 person, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Kidney failure when taking Msm?
- Check symptoms - is kidney failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsKidney failure and drugs with ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeKidney failure and Msm from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Msm has active ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane. It is often used in osteoarthritis. (latest outcomes from Msm 573 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Kidney failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Msma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've taken evening primrose oil in the past and loved it. I've never taken pure msm, but in the past I've taken hair skin and nail vitamins that had MSM as a main ingredient. I never had any side effects from either. I'm now thinking of taking evening primrose oil with a small dosage of msm. Has ...
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate