Review: could Msm cause Muscle spasm (Muscle Spasms)?
Summary: Muscle spasm is reported only by a few people who take Msm.
We study 104 people who have side effects while taking Msm from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Muscle spasm. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasm and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Msm and have Muscle spasm >>>
Msm has active ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 180 Msm users)
Muscle spasm (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,985 Muscle spasm patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 104 people reported to have side effects when taking Msm. Among them, 5 people (4.81%) have Muscle Spasm.
Time on Msm when people have Muscle spasm * :
Gender of people who have Muscle spasm when taking Msm * :
|Muscle spasm||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasm when taking Msm * :
|Muscle spasm||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Muscle spasm when taking Msm ** :
How people recovered from Muscle spasm ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (2 people, 40.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Calcium (3 people, 60.00%)
- Vitamins (3 people, 60.00%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Atrovent (2 people, 40.00%)
- Ambien (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasm while taking Msm?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Msm and have Muscle Spasm
- support group for people who take Msm
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Glipizide, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor for a 71-year old man with Prosthesis, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Ferrous Fumarate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Fluid Retention, Anemia, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting, Acne Steroid-induced, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Burning Sensation, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Exhaustion
Recent Msm related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.