Review: could Msm cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is reported only by a few people who take Msm.
We study 104 people who have side effects while taking Msm from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Msm and have Uti >>>
Msm has active ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from 180 Msm users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,240 Uti patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 104 people reported to have side effects when taking Msm. Among them, 3 people (2.88%) have Uti.
Time on Msm when people have Uti * :
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Msm * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Msm * :
Severity of Uti when taking Msm ** :
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 66.67%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Tramadol hcl (2 people, 66.67%)
- Reglan (2 people, 66.67%)
- Xanax (2 people, 66.67%)
- Depakote (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of msm and uti on
Do you have Uti while taking Msm?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Msm and have Uti
- support group for people who take Msm
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 60-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Thrush, Cystitis
- A study of side effects of Ethosuximide for a 13-year old boy with Seizure - Tonic-clonic. The patient has Uti, Tonic Seizures
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Salmon Oil, Chondroitin, MSM, Glucosamine, SAMe, Magnesium, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, CoQ10, Lyrica, Zolpidem, Levothyroxine Sodium, Effexor XR for a 64-year old woman with General Health, Health, Fibromyalgia, Cramps - Leg. The patient has Disrupted Sleep, Pain, Exhaustion
Recent Msm related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.