Msm and Uti - from FDA reports
Uti is found among people who take Msm, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Magnesium, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Uti with Msm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 447 people who have side effects when taking Msm from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
447 people reported to have side effects when taking Msm.
Among them, 13 people (2.91%) have Uti
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Msm *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Uti when taking Msm *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 23.08%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 23.08%)
- Liver Disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Inflammation (2 people, 15.38%)
- Bone Disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (5 people, 38.46%)
- Neurontin (5 people, 38.46%)
- Magnesium (5 people, 38.46%)
- Zantac (4 people, 30.77%)
- Vitamin C (4 people, 30.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sepsis (3 people, 23.08%)
- Drug Ineffective (3 people, 23.08%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 23.08%)
- Femur Fracture (2 people, 15.38%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Uti when taking Msm?
- Check symptoms - is uti caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsUti and drugs with ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeUti and Msm from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Msm has active ingredients of methylsulfonylmethane. It is often used in osteoarthritis. (latest outcomes from Msm 573 users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 123,839 Uti patients).
Browse all side effects of Msma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with UtiUti
Could your condition cause UtiUti
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've taken evening primrose oil in the past and loved it. I've never taken pure msm, but in the past I've taken hair skin and nail vitamins that had MSM as a main ingredient. I never had any side effects from either. I'm now thinking of taking evening primrose oil with a small dosage of msm. Has ...
User reviews to the study
I have constant uti and fibromyalgia and i haven't. had a bad flare up until now i just finished a round of macrobid and. still have the uti and still hurting from the fibromyalgia. I know i have to take the antibiotics and just hurt i guess. any opinions to help with the pain for fibromyalgia.
I was on Eliquis for 6 months. I got a bladder infection after I completed my medication. I bled and so much pain. I was on Cipro and Bactrim. It helped but after 14 days came back. Went to Urologist. He has ordered a Cystoscopy. I am 66.
I have an indiana pouch due to the face that my own bladder was so bad from IC. Now I am getting just as many infections and I don't know why. I am immunie to most antibiotics because I have taken so many since about 1994.
I'm on Prolia and I've had two bladders infections in 4 months. I don't like being on antibiotics all the time. Right now I'm taking Keflex for the latest infection. Does anyone have a solution to prevent the infections or a better way to treat them?
All the drs say it's not a side effect but the onset of my symptoms began about s month after the shot. I never had bladder infections before and now I live in constant pain hard to sit walk work etc.