Review: could Mucinex d cause Inability to sleep (Insomnia)?
Summary: Inability to sleep is found among people who take Mucinex d, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Allergies.
We study 122 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex d from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Inability to sleep. Find out below who they are, when they have Inability to sleep and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex d and have Inability to sleep >>>
Mucinex d has active ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion. (latest outcomes from 460 Mucinex d users)
Inability to sleep
Inability to sleep (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 131,451 Inability to sleep patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 122 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex d. Among them, 6 people (4.92%) have Inability To Sleep.
Time on Mucinex d when people have Inability to sleep * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Inability to sleep||40.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Inability to sleep when taking Mucinex d * :
|Inability to sleep||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Inability to sleep when taking Mucinex d * :
|Inability to sleep||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||16.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Inability to sleep when taking Mucinex d ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Inability to sleep||16.67%||66.67%||0.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Inability to sleep ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Inability to sleep||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Allergies (2 people, 33.33%)
- Sinus congestion (2 people, 33.33%)
- Cough (1 people, 16.67%)
- Fever (1 people, 16.67%)
- Nasal decongestion therapy (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 16.67%)
- Caffeine citrate (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sertraline hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
- Promethazine hydrochloride and dextromethorphan hydrobromide (1 people, 16.67%)
- Phenylephrine hydrochloride and promethazine hydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mucinex d and inability to sleep on
Do you have Inability To Sleep while taking Mucinex D?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex d and have Inability To Sleep
- support group for people who take Mucinex d
- support group for people who have Inability To Sleep
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
- A study of side effects of Valacyclovir for a 25-year old woman with Epstein-barr Virus Infection. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Recent Mucinex d related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Advil Cold And Sinus, Mucinex D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Tamiflu for a 59-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Mucinex D, Claritin-d 24 Hour for a 51-year old woman who has Leslie
- Comparions of Mucinex D, Methotrexate for a 46-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Mucinex D, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tramadol for a 21-year old man who has Bronchitis Acute
- Comparions of Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG, Amoxicillin (Teva) - 500MG, Ibuprofen (Banner Pharmacaps) - 200MG, Ventolin Hfa (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 0.09MG BASE/INH, Mucinex D (Adams Resp Therap) - 1.2GM;120MG for a 23-year old man who has Sinus Infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.