Review: could Mucinex dm cause Syncope (Fainting)?
Summary: Syncope is reported only by a few people who take Mucinex dm.
We study 155 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex dm from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Syncope and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex dm and have Syncope >>>
Mucinex dm has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 630 Mucinex dm users)
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,845 Syncope patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 155 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex dm. Among them, 1 people (0.65%) has Syncope.
Time on Mucinex dm when people have Syncope * :
Gender of people who have Syncope when taking Mucinex dm * :
Age of people who have Syncope when taking Mucinex dm * :
Severity of Syncope when taking Mucinex dm ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Syncope ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chest infection (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Syncope while taking Mucinex Dm?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mucinex dm and have Syncope
- support group for people who take Mucinex dm
- support group for people who have Syncope
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Aloe, Toprol-xl, Synthroid for a 80-year old woman with General Health, Heartburn, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Feeling Cold, Frequent Bowel Movements, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Tingling Of Head And Body
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 42-year old woman with Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 20-year old man with Sinus Infection. The patient has Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Ferrous Fumarate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Fluid Retention, Anemia, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting, Acne Steroid-induced, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Burning Sensation, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Exhaustion
Recent Mucinex dm related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.